Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
2 more days of hot and humid weather here then it's going to cool off to fall like weather

Hope it cools off her, too. It was 89 on my shaded porch at 10:30 today. Checking to see if I moved to somewhere in TX!! Nope, still in VA....way hotter than norm. Guess I'll do some inside work for a while. You can get dizzy in that heat.

I did get the "landscape crew" to some vine areas I want help clearing. :D The girls (15 goats) are doing a great job! If I penned them in smaller area they'd be done by now but, they are working and moving. It's ok...all needs their help. Once the leaves are gone I can cut the vines out. One or two more days and 2 sections will be done. Both are in shade, so they are concentrating there. :lol:

No, it just means stop getting paid by someone else for your labors.

Is that Uncle Sam? Well, a lot of it Is MY money -- whatever. It is a fact that I still work somewhere, somehow. Pulled out about 100' of old fence yesterday, cleared all growth & ready to add about 5 lines of hot wire on the posts...girls are helping with honeysuckle on another 100. :D They love the work and are quite enthusiastic.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was 89 on my shaded porch at 10:30 today. Checking to see if I moved to somewhere in TX!! Nope, still in VA....way hotter than norm

:yuckyuck:gig

So the AC is not working at work(hasn't work since last Tuesday). It's 88 degrees upstairs! I'm in the basement, it's was 75 degrees this morning but now it's up to 78.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule How’d the cheesecake turn out??
Neither one of us ever made one, so we made two. We used a New York recipe, then covered with melted chocolate, then studded with raspberries. They were pretty, and tasted good too. Now that I know how, I would make cheesecake again.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neither one of us ever made one, so we made two. We used a New York recipe, then covered with melted chocolate, then studded with raspberries. They were pretty, and tasted good too. Now that I know how, I would make cheesecake again.

Very neat! I’ve never made one from scratch. The instant boxed variety are great in a pinch for pitch-ins or a last minute sweet treat though. I’ll have to try my hand at homemade one of these days.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is that Uncle Sam? Well, a lot of it Is MY money -- whatever. It is a fact that I still work somewhere, somehow.
It means you are now being driven and getting paid by the worst, and hardest boss you'll ever work for.
you.

Around here, honeysuckle is among the easiest crap to get rid of. The stuff it climbs on tho, not so much.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So here is my stew recipe..... one bottle of amazing bbq sauce that the Hubbs threw away before I could figure out what it was, five short but thick carrots sliced even, about 10 of those baby red potatoes skinned and sliced, throw it in the crock pot with 2tbsp butter and some beef stock....set to high for about 45mins-an hour. Then.... add your VENISON tenderloin. Turn to low, let it cook for around 5 or 6 hours..... OMG it was Amazeballs!!!!! Loads of flavor, no added salt or pepper needed. So mad the Hubbs threw out that bbq bottle!

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Need help giving this little guy a name. My newest double mane lionhead.
2018090495122048951536078138573.jpg