Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, almost finished with coffee, I have zucchini bread, y'all help yourselves. More rain. @Mini Horses that is central Texas where it is flooding. The soil is limestone based with scrub oaks, rocky, hilly, and beautiful clear creeks and rivers. It is subject to flash floods and dumb people build in low places. On the news it was said that it is the highest water in 83 years. If it flooded 83 years ago, ya' think it might do that again? It is beautiful country with gorgeous views, but put your home on high ground.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses i was raised calling goat meat cabrito. My grandmother would put cabrito on to BBQ and it was good. Now it’s called chevon, no idea where that comes from, probably French. Cabrito is Spanish. You sure can’t call it kid, people would call you a child eating witch and burn you at the stake.

You can rightfully blame political correctness for the change from cabrito to chevon. All the kewl kids always seem to find some new way to describe food in a more 'sophisticated' manner and about a decade and 1/2 ago, the big West Coast restaurateurs began using French terms for Spanish food items and it soon caught on in NYC.
It doesn't take a genius to see when the change took place...about the same time all the rest of the PC cutesy, hugs, rainbow fartin unicorns, and rear end kissing double talk began.
chevon.jpg

Anyway, Chevon became the newest buzzword for those trying to impress others, even tho chevon is any goat meat and (at least in most of Texas outside Austin) cabrito is reserved for goat kids (if it's on grass, it isn't cabrito) ...but evidently according to the progressives, it's still chevon, which is just about any goat meat, kids thru old age culls.

I have had some good bbq baby goat and even in french speaking South Louisiana, the Cajuns still call it cabrito.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spanish is great....

French though... can't pronounce their words to save my life! All kinds of letters that you aren't supposed to say... :rant