Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her first class starts at 7:30.
That is too early given how long the kids have to be on the bus. DD2 lucked out all through school, the bus picked up at 8:10. They swapped grammar and middle/high school start time the year she started middle school. In a city though, grammar school was about 2 miles and the middle and high schools shared a parking lot and were about 4 miles.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, Bruce -- it's way too early. But that's the schedule. Also, it's why we take her there rather than make her get up at 5:30 to catch the bus., in the dark. These are kids, not adults who choose their work environments.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
As a kindergartner, and all thru school, I got up at 5:30 and walked the 3 miles to school and back each day, uphill both going to and returning from school, rain, shine, sleet and hurricanes. :old I made one stop in the morning, and that was to knock loudly on the door of Mr. Woods, so he would be sure to get up in time to get his bus started and get all the other kids to school on time.
From 2nd grade on, made one stop on the way home and that was at Joe's Drive Ice House In to flirt with the bartendress and get a cold longneck Coke (some of you will have to google a 'Texas drive in ice house' to find out what it is)
;)

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on, been up awhile, almost finished and going out to greet the wet morning.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Me, too -- up a while. But we have sunshine today. Was 82 here yesterday but drizzle all day off/on. today 70 BUT un! I like today (plus I'm off work!)

Ahhhh, Bay you have hugging &siting to do today. Probably gonna be a little trail walked between house & hog pen. :D Would be if mine.

Just checking in and heading out. :celebrate

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Been up for over an hour here. Have my mug O" tea and haven't done animal chores yet. Gray, wet, windy, and generally yucky weather here. Would still be dozing if I hadn't had to revert to being a mouth breather. Sinuses completely shut. Ah well... Guess I better go feed some animals as it's getting light enough outside to see. Hope everyone has a good day.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Overcast & cool -- upper 50's tops for day. I'm leaving for work in a very short time. Off tomorrow & yep, rain predicted off/on. :( Not like I don't have things to do inside house, barn, sheds....just not what I WANT to get done. :rolleyes: It'll work out.

I'm baking cookies at WM this afternoon..fun :D It will be a "grab & run" day of customers. Such is life. Buy Pillsbury cookies! I shout as they rush by.

LS -- hope we both get some drier weather to get jobs done. Especially you -- don't want to waste the DS help you have there. Mine actually did a roof repair for me last week -- only 3 months after the request :eek: Guess the 2 story ladder I put up to use to do it gave him a tiny "push".

Latest posts