Herd Master
Reaction score
Forgot to post it yesterday
20181202_183815.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Just finished morning chores, have my big ol' mug of tea, and visiting my online family before I have to head out for the 45 mile drive to the feed store for goat pellets and chicken feed. The debate raging in my brain now is...

Do I drive the additional 80 miles to get a decent Philly cheese steak sub w/xtra cheese, mushrooms and onions :drool :rolleyes: The only time I would get out that way is if I'm headed over to the airport, and that "might" happen once or twice a year and not anytime soon. This is the closest I'll get about once a month when I make my feed run. Is it worth the extra 2.5 hours of driving :confused:, the cost of gas (which has dropped below 2 bucks a gallon here! :yesss:), dealing with the traffic going through Dallas :barnie, etc...

I'll let y'all know the outcome ;)

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wife and I were coming back from Arkansas one day and almost down to Nack on US59, which we always take from Texarkana all the way home, when we got hungry. Decided we really really wanted to eat Mexican food at Posada's in Jacksonville so I cut cross country West at Timpson on 84 thru Mt Enterprise to Rusk, then North up to Jax and then we traveled back South to lufkin on 69 to catch 59 again.
Yes...Worth it.
(There is/was a Posada's in Lufkin but their food sucks.)

posadas.jpg

Will Joe make the trip for the Philly?
Probably.
Neither wife nor I would drive 10' ft for one. Might be alright if they'd leave all that cheese and other goop off of it.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
so I cut cross country West at Timpson on 84 thru Mt Enterprise to Rusk, ....
Looks to be about a 65 mile detour.

I would guess Joe would keep driving and get that PCS, he seems to like to drive anyway. Not sure how much better the PCS made at that place is compared to what he could make at home. Gonna be a very expensive PCS with the extra time and gas for the truck even at < $2/gallon.

Latest posts