Coffee anyone ?

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
You're a lot more patient than I would be. I cleaned someone's clock once because after I got divorced, I would buy a package of hotdogs and buns and that would be my lunch at work all week. Someone I worked with decided it was ok to eat my food without asking. I jumped their A@@ when they came in. At the time, I had so much debt to pay off<thanks to the ex> that I could only spend $20 at the grocery store. I pretty much went vegetarian for two years because I couldn't afford meat. My Mom would give me some chicken or a roast once in a while but I was pretty much paycheck to paycheck for a while til I got some stuff paid down.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's just miffed because 'the company' is supposed to keep the coffee area supplied and miffed at me specifically because I do the ordering.
It's odd watching him lately. He's in a very unhappy place about a lot of things and he's SOOOO NEGATIVE and reactive about EVERYTHING. I just got out of a very unhappy situation and I suddenly see that I was JUST like him for such a long time.
So, I'm trying to give a whole lot of grace about all of his whining and moaning.
I take that to mean that you have reclaimed your home and your roommate moved out. GOOD!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
The mechanic here at work uses PILES of sugar in his coffee. PILES!!! I mean - there are only 3 of us that regularly drink coffee here - him, me and one of the drivers. I bring my own little packets from home and the driver only uses a sprinkle. We went through a 12LB case between 12/17 and last Friday. :ep
I came in this morning to find that 'someone' had raided my little stash of packets and cleaned me out.
Luckily I KNOW my co-workers and brought more this morning - so the coffee's still on.
View attachment 57136
There are some prescription medicine, (opioids) that increases a body's craving for sugar. I know someone that is like that, but I forget which medication he is on that causes it. I know oxycodone is one of them.

(His name isn't Edgar is it?)

Last edited: