Coffee anyone ?

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'll pass on the 'cream cheese centers' :sick, but the blueberry muffins look great. Thanks.

sunflour

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:frow So, what am I doing for Memorial Day???

Buying a new clothes dryer. Geez, I cannot believe mine broke yesterday:barnie
After all it's only about 22 years old:lol:

Thanks for sharing the coffee and OMG those muffins :drool

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
One thing you can count on - the new dryer won't last as long as your old one did. GS's team goes directly to the finals at 4:30. We may go and watch the 2:15 semi finals to scope out the competition. I'm going to try to put out a pot here every day. Heck, they provided me a place went I was inadvertently put into exile. :love

sunflour

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That makes me perpetually ram my head against the wall.

I think these modern appliances last 5 years IF you are very careful AND lucky!

I know - things now are made to expire quickly so you have to keep replacing them. And they use thin metal, plastic parts (where steel are really needed). IMO not just to cut cost of manufacturing, but lower shipping weight from China :somad

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sunflour, did you brew the coffee ? I see that it is ready, thanks. "Thin metal" ! Just had a dishwasher 'burn' a hole through the bottom causing a leak which filtered through the floorboards into the cellar. I asked how that happened ? Reply, "I have absolutely no idea." :he

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just had a dishwasher 'burn' a hole through the bottom causing a leak which filtered through the floorboards into the cellar. I asked how that happened ? Reply, "I have absolutely no idea." :he
A problem that happens more often than you may think. Almost always caused by the heating element getting knocked out of it's support brackets or getting so hot that it sags down and touches or gets too close to the plastic bottom. Whirlpool dishwashers are infamous for it, but happens with other dishwashers as well.
The bottom of the DW tub will usually discolor before a hole actually forms, so it's something to watch for. Not always a defect either..All elements of this type, over time, will begin to sag because of the constant heat/cool--expansion/contraction cycle the metal goes thru and at the most inopportune time, the element inside the tube will develop high resistance and a hot spot.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I replace my dishwasher. ..maybe every 4 years.... blasted things do NOT last.

I have been told the problem is that they are not designed to be run 3 times a day.
:rolleyes:

When I was a teenager, people would say something to my mother like, "what, no dishwasher?" and she would look rather pointedly at me and say, "oh, I have one."

Eventually, this model went to work somewhere else . . . .