Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Doesn't one generally get a driver's license from the DMV?

Yeah, Bruce...they take the test at DMV, who issues the license. BUT, in VA under 18 yr olds -- after going thru all the other hoops, has to go with a parent, on a set date, to receive their license. Of course, the judge gives the group a stern lecture on responsibility, safe driving and on and on and on. :idunno It's the VA way. :rolleyes:

IF she waited until April, at 18....no $250 pro & just take test, get license. Done. But then mom & I have bus duty all winter, plus any other driving she needs. Of course, if bad weather...snow, ice, etc...she won't drive even with a license on those days. Not this year.

Time to shower and hit the bed. 5:30 before I know it :D and DGD to school. But then I'm home all day!!!! :celebrate Only work Thursday...all week off. I can't believe it. :clap:frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA. Go trail riding. Winter is on the way, take every nice day that you can get. I admire what you do with your kids. You are home schooling them, a real gift to them. Your children are learning things that other children will never even come close to learning. May God heap you and your family with his Blessings.

I won't be moaning about the dust, heat, dust, heat, a one foot layer of loose dry dry sand, dust, heat and more dust. WE GOT RAIN LAST NIGHT! I don't know how much, still dark, haven't been outside yet. :weee

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule, Congrats on some RAIN!! Any amount helps right now. We are "supposed" to get some tomorrow...hope you didn't get it all. I want to share. :D =D Whatever you got, wasn't enough, I'm sure! They say maybe 1/2' here. Knocks the dust down.

I can say that my coffee this morning was a treat. Awoke to it brewing, alarm going off, 5:30 had arrived! But knowing that I would take DGD to school, then the day was MINE -- well, not enough words to express the delight!

Got the dishwasher loaded and going before I left, had some things loaded in back of truck to take to our dump station on way home (no street pick up here). Then feed routine, open coops, etc. Back inside to convert milk into cheese...3rd batch working, so checking in on the boards here & SS. Have a roast out to cook all day. Will go in the pot shortly, apples waiting for me to cook & can. Those things will cook some while I get the laundry on the line & clean sheets on bed. THEN....once at a settling point, I'll go mow the yard, it will be dried of the dew. After that?
Who knows! :lol: The list is huge. Few things on there to "call & find". Good to work while cooking is going on. I'm doing lunch right now -- thus the "time out" here. :D

Temps are good, not hot - just warm - a light breeze. To be honest, no matter the weather, I'm loving being home. :old Much to do.....bye...:frow

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having another cup....this is beginning to be a habit...
Super lovely day. My youngest didn't want to trail ride so my Dad came over for the afternoon. John rode my horse as he is convinced he is better than Daisy, plus the kids no longer want to ride double....and Richie needed a break from double riding. They did great together, Richie can be forward and a bit spooky. Jocelyn rode her mini pony, Rayne, who did fabulous for her 2nd trail ride ever. So I rode our super great kid broke Daisy... :love snow possible this next weekend. .. so we better take advantage of these last few 70 degree days!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I slept late, I was tired. After months of no rain, beastly scorching heat and a dust storm every time the wind blew, rain and cooler temperatures was a welcome relief. So we worked outside yesterday all day. Our normal quit time is 10-11 AM. Yesterday we worked until 4PM. We worked on a patch of woods at the end of the house. We cut and pulled green briars, chainsawed low branches, dug out a stump, piled and hauled to the burn pile. Our neighbor Robert came over to help. Our objective was to skid a playhouse for the granddaughters to that location, but it must be cleared and cleaned up. We were tired and slept like rocks. Back at it today, we should get it skidded into place today. It will be perched, high centered on a swale, so we’ll have to fill it in. The girls want a sand floor—THAT will be an easy wish to fulfill! Probably another full day, maybe 2. I want to build a BBQ hut and gazebo also. Eventually it will be a nice place to BBQ and hang out with friends, family and kids.