Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
That video had no SMELL !!! One of the best parts of coffee. :lol:

Supposed to be 26 with feel like of upper teens with winds in AM. I'll be smelling coffee then. Made sure troughs were all full....easier to break ice. Plus all goats & horses got extra hay late tonight. Fun. It's almost freezing now. Back to low 40s afternoon, so not the hang around temps you Northerners have. Glad they are in your area, not mine. Not cold friendly!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got about 10” of snow yesterday and overnight....going to make the day interesting. Especially since we got a new pig! No name yet, or pictures but I’ll work on that. Going to visit all my family in a Pgh on Saturday for Christmas and I am sooo excited!!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back to low 40s afternoon, so not the hang around temps you Northerners have. Glad they are in your area, not mine. Not cold friendly!
So you are saying you wouldn't have wanted to go out with me at 7:30 AM when it was -7.4°F to put the trash and recycles at the road and then tend to morning animal chores??

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have drank all my coffee. Still in sweats, slobbed out. For the first time ever, my husband has gotten dressed and beaten me out the door. He's on the tractor, working on his obsession, the driveway. More power to him. In a short time, my animals will go into revolt, wondering why he is outside and I'm not. LOL Carson is on the porch, peering in at me. Guess I'll get dressed and go outside. Later we will go to Lowes and get my favorite gift, 5 pound boxes of deck screws in 3" and 4". My pork and chicken customer gave us a $100 Lowes gift card! So I get 2 Boxes of screws at $30 each and BJ gets a tote of pea gravel for his beloved driveway for $44. That will finish out the driveway, then we can start on the carport and driveway extension to the carport. That will be another project as I have stored lumber in it since we moved here. The pile has been considerably whittled down, so will clean out and sort into keeper and burn piles, fill in holes dug by dogs and start rocking it! Wonder what it feels like to park car/truck in carport? Get out at night, the flood/motion light comes on and lights our way to the porch? That will be AMAZING!

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wonder what it feels like to park car/truck in carport? Get out at night, the flood/motion light comes on and lights our way to the porch? That will be AMAZING!
:lol: As a Texan, I've always imagined you riding up to the door on your horse, throwing the reins over the hitching rail, sashaying into the house, tossing hubby a fiver, and saying "take good care of my horse, pardner. Extra oats, its cold tonight." :lol:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
You two sure make MY cold morning seem tame. I'm still COLD!! :old Gloves & hats in use. That's why I live South of ya.
I don't mind a bit of winter... but seems to be early.. honestly always wanted to move just a bit further south. Like the Ozarks or perhaps southern Indiana. But probably stuck for a while.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce , and @promiseacres , that is too dang cold! We don't get the real cold stuff until Jan.or Feb. usually. Although it's hard to say what is usual anymore. @Baymule , I cracked up at you guys favorite gifts - deck screws and gravel, haha. You're easy to buy for 😋.

We got snow last night, still coming down as dandruff. It's light and powdery so no need to worry about taking it off the CP hay shed for now. Broke the sled out for the morning feeding. I was happy to see some accumulation, but it will make trying to keep up with the manure a bit tricky. I refuse to hunt through inches of snow to pick up turds. Gonna get on that fat bike today and run the dogs around the "loop". Soon as we get a good pack on the gravel road I can start using the kicksled. Yeehaw!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
okay i changed my mind nope not moving north cant deal with those temps 50 is cold to me. still not doing much but feeling better did some mild cleaning this morning and took the pig half a banana and a mostly eaten peanut butter sandwich that the chickens end up eating. so far i am getting better quickly probably helped my youngest son didn't jump on me or land on my stomach like he did day before yesterday which didn't help.