Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I love a coffee spot -- where we can all throw out bits & pieces and everyone can relate. I am home today, so turned off alarm BUT -- didn't help. Still awake at 5. Laundry working, hot out today -low 90s -- and "they" say we will see the sun today. :D =D Nice. It's been on vacay for last week! And rain each day, which we also are not to have today. 2X nice. Will re-evaluate my "must do" "should do" "wanna do" lists and choose all I can get done. :idunno

The lambs are darling. Snuggles would be my thought LOL

Would love to continue our visit but I need to DO something, most anything would be good...it all helps.:frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! We are going out to pull weeds in the garden today. Bit by bit we are weeding, spreading manure and covering with cardboard and mulch. I have less planted/growing in my garden than I have had since we moved here. But this spring we got SO much done, had SO much going on, it's a trade off. Our plans today are to weed another patch, clean the horse barn and barn yard and dump it in the garden. Then cardboard and mulch.

If I don't have much of a garden this year, I ought to have a super garden next ear.

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Coffee is on! Woke up to tiny kittens wandering around my room!! They walked right through the sides of their wire crate!!! Gonna need a few cups and figure out another way to safely contain the rascals...

Good morning everyone,

May I suggest a cardboard box? The ones some businesses get light weight paper goods in comes to mind. At my work nursing dept. gets disposable briefs in large boxes.

At your children's ages I would have had a lot of fun. Turning something like that into a little house. Begging my mom to cut small windows, among other things.

I needed to get to town for feed before it gets any hotter.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! We are going out to pull weeds in the garden today. Bit by bit we are weeding, spreading manure and covering with cardboard and mulch. I have less planted/growing in my garden than I have had since we moved here. But this spring we got SO much done, had SO much going on, it's a trade off. Our plans today are to weed another patch, clean the horse barn and barn yard and dump it in the garden. Then cardboard and mulch.

If I don't have much of a garden this year, I ought to have a super garden next ear.
I know someone that used newspaper and straw. It must have worked ok, because he still uses it.

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@ldawntaylor they started in a box but I don’t have one with tall enough sides to contain them...

Maybe you can get another. Or maybe you still have the original box and it has flaps that can be taped to extend the sides?

Making do with what we have can be such a challenge.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
On my lunch break so have time to do some catching up. Haven't been on for a day and a half, lots of notifications to check out!

I know someone that used newspaper and straw. It must have worked ok, because he still uses it.
I did that one year when my garden was smaller. I used newspaper and grass clippings to weigh it down. It worked but needed a lot of newspaper (at least a few layers) and lots of grass clippings to make sure it keeps the newspaper down.

Gala, 1 Gold Delicious, 1 Granny Smith. There's a couple dozen apples on each one.....how could I not buy?
Nice! I don't know what varieties I have. The trees "came" with the house when we bought it.

Done, and home. Long day, but I'm done with strong blood thinners...no more warfarin or xarelto. Clopidogrel and that's it.
GB glad your procedure went well!

I’d love to get some apple trees planted. Maybe one of these days
I'm sure your kiddos would love to pick apples and make apple cider from your own apple trees! My son loves to make cider. One of these days hopefully I can invest in a better/bigger cider press. The one I have now is a tabletop one, it does the job for now.
I am allergic to raw apples, I get blisters on my lips and my mouth instantly get very itchy. Maybe this is just all in my head, I can't eat the apples from the store but I can eat apples from my own trees just fine. :hu Anyone else allergic to apples/cherries? I don't spray my trees with my pesticides.

Ya'll have nice afternoon! It's 78 degrees now but will go up to 85 degrees and thunderstorm is in the forecast.