Coffee anyone ?

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
lol yeah i saw alot of people using plastic that made me nervouse i like glass. i am glad it didnt burn you. i also read abkut keep vingar close by flr just incase it gets on you that it null the lye out.
It actually did burn my arm, I wasn't wearing gloves that time :hide I poured vinegar on it and all over the floor too...then afterward I read that it's not a good idea to use vinegar and that it can actually make the burn worse! I can't tell either way, it was my first burn and hopefully my last. I think the vinegar did help though...it stopped the melting :sick

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
way off topic but my body need to turn down tbe heat i keep getting hot flashes oh my goodness i need a walk in freezer well fpr more the one reason lol.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
lol yeah i saw alot of people using plastic that made me nervouse i like glass. i am glad it didnt burn you. i also read abkut keep vingar close by flr just incase it gets on you that it null the lye out.
that is really good to know. Sally sunshine from the chicken site suggested cold chemistry soap book.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
this is a better picture of lilly. she a ham. lol i went in tbeir yard to change out their water and she comes up behind me and bumps me (more like touches so very gentle) with her nose on my butt i was distracted so she scared me lol she looked at me excuse you i want loving.

Attachments

• 20190801_105607.jpg
    20190801_105607.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 61

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
It actually did burn my arm, I wasn't wearing gloves that time :hide I poured vinegar on it and all over the floor too...then afterward I read that it's not a good idea to use vinegar and that it can actually make the burn worse! I can't tell either way, it was my first burn and hopefully my last. I think the vinegar did help though...it stopped the melting :sick

Try the cold process soap making , so easy....and NEVER use plastic when making soap....I have a huge stainless steel bowl that I fill with ice and water, then set my pyrex bowl inside it to make the cold process soap in, no burns, no problems...:thumbsup

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, the best way to give you all the information and let you choose the process you like is to provide the link...morning chores.com goat milk-soap recipes......or just look up goat milk soap recipe.....the morning chore site has lye and no lye recipes. ...the cold process one I used , cured for six weeks, but the room I cured it in smelled awesome the entire time, well worth the wait :)....and soooo easy to do :p
@Jesusfreak101 @AmberLops

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
thank you i probably use the lye so i can use my goat milk. ok we found four texas toads stuck in a pool all four were fine. my youngest likes toads alot lol. my other son has two as pets. i am so happy seeing so many toads in my garden. i love them my husband grandmother kills them its why she is infested with rolly pollys they climb all over her house.