Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Evil abounds, has always been with us and always will. Seeing it continue for so many years, unchecked, with the full approval and cooperation from those that we are supposed to trust, was beyond evil. It continues today. Hold your children close, teach them well and tell them if something doesn't feel right, RUN.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think thats part of the issue with today's culture we tell our kids not to offend others. i asked my daughter if she needed to worry about offending strangers she said yes(thanks cartoons) i told her no if you feel uncomfortable for any reason you leave and get some where safe as fast as possible. don't worry about their feelings. it's more important for you to be safe then it is to protect their feelings. and if someone touches or grabs you yell, and are fighting bets are off kick no no places bite scratch pull hair. i think the we cant offend others is bull. one of the kids favorite cartoons is paw patrol and time the bad guys got caught they just get told how bad they were and that's it what kind of example is that🤔 and why is a child in charge of the emergency department... kids cartoons are odd ok I am done complaining lol

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on @WolfeMomma
:fl the truck starts today, it wouldn't Monday, DH jumped it. By yesterday it was drained again. So bought a new battery last night. It's our only running vehicle :\ my suv has transmission issues but fortunately DH has a work truck to drive.
:love DH just said it started. The battery was original, 2011 truck with 130,000 miles so it was due.
When you are out, go by Advance Auto or Auto Zone or one of them and have them check your alternator. They will do it for free, of course hoping to sell you a battery. Just make sure it is charging like it should be. Had one truck once that the alternator wasn't charging properly and it was not keeping the battery up. Replaced it and "fixed". Granted you got more "mileage" out of the battery than many do..... but my little 4x4 ranger has an "electrical drain" somewhere and without tearing apart the whole truck to check every wire, and none of the ones we did get to showed a problem; we just put in a battery cut off switch. It is inside, just a lever you flip. When the truck is going to be parked for more than a day or 2, I just flip it and the juice from the battery is "shut off". This way it doesn't drain it over a period of time. Cost about 10-15 to have it put in when I had the truck getting some other little stuff done. Got tired of the battery always being "dead" after 3-4 days. My alternator was fine, but there must be a little bad spot in a wire that causes it to short and that drains the battery. I've had it in there for about 3-4 years now and have not had to replace the battery since.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I figured you were on top of the battery checking/alternator but just thought I would mention it. Sometimes the alternator is just the problem and the older battery would still be okay..... but you got alot of years out of it and probably did more starting in those 130,000 miles than someone that did more highway driving. Sometimes it is not the miles but the off/on that will wear it down. Still.... 8 years is pretty darn good.

Is there any chance the blower fan is loose?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I want a second cup but got engrossed in reading an article on Yahoo about Georgia Tann, who kidnapped over 5,000 children and babies in Memphis Tennessee during the Depression and sold them. Had the local officials on her payroll, she destroyed families. Evil woman. I seldom read comments, but I kept reading, some of the commenters were her victims or relatives of her victims. The famous wrestler, Ric Flair was a stolen baby, adopted out to a wealthy couple.

Link:
I read it. . ... had to text my mom, ask if she was SURE her older brother died at birth. She said she was sure. :idunno The baby was buried... but I was thinking well.... poor family, though they did have the money to bury the baby.... did they ever look at the body? It would be easy to have the hospital and funeral home "in on it", so everyone could get money.

Sheesh... make a person paranoid.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Beautiful day predicted. Need to pick up feed, get a few groceries and make something yummy for a family get together for tomorrow..only have 2 eggs... :\ oh and a hay run.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I woke up at 4, went back to sleep. Coffee is good. Only 2 eggs, hope you don’t have to go buy any. I have 9 girls in the off season and 7 pullets in lay and 7 more that haven’t started laying yet. The 7 that are laying only lay 0-5 a day, usually 3. It’s just enough to keep us in eggs.

Went to TSC yesterday, it’s worm horses day today. It only takes a few minutes. I have a few sheep to worm too. The rest will get garlic juice. One is on the definite cull list, I’m looking real hard at a couple of others.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Beautiful day predicted. Need to pick up feed, get a few groceries and make something yummy for a family get together for tomorrow..only have 2 eggs... :\ oh and a hay run.
Too bad you're not closer. I would sure hook you up with eggs. My 6 EEs are being real troopers. 6 eggs one day, 4 the next. Only a month ago it was a steady 6-a-day. Took 4 doz to my sister on Thanksgiving. Have 4 doz in the kitchen now. Eggs frozen. Eggs pickled. Can you dehydrate eggs? :hide I need to do some "opposite" chicken math!