Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
They actually don't have a box in their cage but i did put one they could get in to in their play pen(they go in every day to) so they could hide. Mm that might be getting taken out and changing to something else. The play pen is also about to be move to a new section of the yard so they can have a fresh spot. Yesterday no one had any gunk at all. So what do i know. I do have both of what Rachel and promise said to us on hand. So that's perfect moohaha i am finally prepared for something lol. I been stock up on my animal medicine box to get it to where i want it. First time we got the pink eye like thing I had a colony set up and they had their babies in a burrow under ground and that drove me nuts. I had an easier time with all the other animals bunnies have proven to be the hardest for me to keep.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on - help yourself.

BIG decision -- stay home & till garden or go to work. Rain coming hard for 4 days starting Mon. Pros & cons tell me to till. Guess I'll check dirt out there to see if it's dry enough after 2 days of rain on Wed/Thu or hold until tomorrow. Yeppers -- we've had rain! :D

Lost a chicken to ??? yesterday. Something small got to the pens. Say small from looking at access. Nothing but feathers left....shame, nice layer! High roost, so she may have been on ground as she was last to go in & at feed when I closed them. Was almost dark so she may not have gone onto roost.

Life happens. Chores waiting for me. Enjoy your day.:frow

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
At chores, found I'd lost another hen, another coop, another dig in! Pretty sure a small fox. GRRRRR. Went to work for couple hrs, finished job and home to, hopefully, finish access for the marauding.

Then, garden time. Wow, I need a week in there now.

As I turned on the computer this time, there was an update so, they have the MS Edge browser, supposed to work better with the version10 windows on here.....WTH.....let it install. I can say that in the past 15 minutes I've been able to do more, so much faster than before!! WOW. I'm impressed. Both browsers are installed but, for now this one wins. Will have to work with it a couple days. Almost like a new computer feeling. Before I even thought my keyboard was bad and screens just froze. I sure hope this keeps going this well ---- :celebrate Not a 5 min wait after adding emoticons! Loving this....like old times. Been having issues since the new format was changed and now, seems it was all about my browser. Yippy!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I'm hitting the garden again. For 3 straight weeks, I have hardly taken a day off from battling weeds. I am winning! Then it will be the fence rows around the garden, they are terrible.

August 12 we are getting 30 Cornish Cross chicks and I will be back to intensive labor chickens for 2 to 2 1/2 months. I have orders for 14 dressed, parted out chickens at $6 a pound. My hay guy wants 6 chicks to raise for a first time experience and I promised to help him slaughter them and vacuum seal them. So that leaves 10 for our freezer, actually DD's freezer. LOL

the garden will be coming in around that time too, so I'll have plenty to do.

@Mini Horses run a 2 foot wide strip of hardware cloth around your chicken coop and run, laid flat on the ground. Attach it to the coop and run with screws or hog rings and for now, put weights on it to hold it down. Over time, grass will grow through it and nothing will get in anymore.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Baymule.
Ran and got a portable generator yesterday morning. It'll be great for camping and even working on the house. But of course we still haven't started the house. :confused:
Got one hay wagon unloaded, made strawberry shortcake.
Going to get the other one done today and start getting the camperror ready to go for next weekend.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule - Yeah, basically what I did...one I just put cinder block all along. Had them sitting around and it was fast. These 2 coops are not floored, and have open areas. They are 3 sided with dog kennel area added. They now have wire or cinder block surrounds! When I have more time, I'll switch out blocks....Fall looking possible.

Garden -- Ahhhhhh. I am so over worked there because it's a new space this year and possibly a pipe dream :lol: Making a pasture be a well weeded garden is close to impossible the first year. 2021 should be easier. Maybe. Should. Sounds good anyway.

Coffee is going down smooth -- and to be honest, I may just sit and drink it for a while. At least until the Tylenol kicks my sore back into gear. Then chores & the garden again. Bay & I will think of each other!!! :D

I'll check CL while I wait. Need a rake for the tractor.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
1592191710490.png