Coffee anyone ?

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Remember both parents need to parent but if your husband is the bread winner let him sleep and rest to go to work. So many people abuse their husband when they have kids and the relationship never gets over it. Husbands can and should help.out but demanding it instead of asking isn't ok. Kids will change your life naturally but allowing them to control it isn't right. We have never had a kid sleep in our room let alone our bed. Kids are second priority to your spouse. All kids are different my daughter wouldnt let me hold her when she was mad it would only make it worse I tried for months. And there is time for u alone and u and your husband u have to make time. We have found time and ways over the years oldest is 9 daughter is 7 married 13 years.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Remember both parents need to parent but if your husband is the bread winner let him sleep and rest to go to work. So many people abuse their husband when they have kids and the relationship never gets over it. Husbands can and should help.out but demanding it instead of asking isn't ok. Kids will change your life naturally but allowing them to control it isn't right. We have never had a kid sleep in our room let alone our bed. Kids are second priority to your spouse. All kids are different my daughter wouldnt let me hold her when she was mad it would only make it worse I tried for months. And there is time for u alone and u and your husband u have to make time. We have found time and ways over the years oldest is 9 daughter is 7 married 13 years.
Wife* but yes she is the sole bread winner of the home and I will definitely keep in mind respecting that, especially as she is a high school teacher. Those kids are brutal.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
What are some of those places you look up online to find places to stay. Not regular hotels, B&B's or campgrounds but the newer people renting a room or a loft out back. Besides craigslist.
This campground i'm at is double my house payment and doesn't even have sewer hookups. That'll make a hard 4 months.
Airbnb

Why are you stuck in a campground?
I would think a state park would be least expensive.

My youngest just turned 23. Oldest (of 5) is 35. It’s hard to believe it’s been so long since they were babies
YES!! How does time keep marching on?

keeps amazing me.

The most important thing you can do is love your child unconditionally. Lots of hugs, lots of I love you’ots of positive reinforcement and discipline when and where needed.
True.

I tell my kids all of the time that they are my biggest joy

I worked hard to always say the KID was good... but was currently making a bad choice. Like "I know you are a sweet boy, you must have hit me because you missed your nap" and then yes, little toddler was stuck in bed.

Clearly it stuck, it was so cute, he was maybe 4, and was playing with a friend who did something mean. Afterwards he came to me and said "she must have missed her nap".

I also made sure to be extremely consistent. No ALWAYS meant no, no wavering or taking it back, ever. But I also had very few nos. So, when I DID say no, it was clear that it had to be followed.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish that would work for us in the future but I don't think you can put a newborn in that. Correct me if I'm wrong?
I use a front baby carrier when they were that young. They are calmer up close to you and you can cover more ground that way. Nice for the winter, acceptable for summer. I recommend the kind you can turn them around to face away when they are old enough if you go that route.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Talking of great kids.... I sent 2 of them over to fix the kitchen sink sprayer attachment at the neighbor.

They did it perfectly, and fast too!

Kid 17 and 15... so yeah... pretty old now... but the cool thing about attachment parenting is that we did EVERYTHING together. So as 5 year olds they were handing me tools.... by 10 they could fix a faucet by themselves.

And I don't only give them easy things to do. I think learning how to handle failure is huge. How do we handle it when we fail or have no idea what to do next? I give them the tools to figure out stuff... but not always the directions on exactly how to do it.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a terrible head cold today so I gave myself the liberty of sleeping in until 6:30. I don’t think much will be accomplished today. Someone take a shot for me. Ugh.