Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all gave alot of catchup reading... who know when that happen. Nothing new her just school house work and lately viruses.... looking at getting more chickens dh is talking about leasing some land for goat and ect cause he feels better about us having them as opposed to not and we looking at getting the fall garden going now that,we had some rain to soften the ground

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Jesusfreak101 ... so glad to get the update. Things still the same with DH work and all???? Aside from the viruses... and when do kids not have "something" ha, ha.... everyone doing good?
I need a few more chickens too.... wanting to get my place fenced now so I can get a few calves here. Garden is growing but the deer are a real MENACE.... typical life on the farm... we have been working like crazy the past few days to get more hay made ... while the sun was shining. looking at 40+% chances of rain/storms for the next 7 days....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all gave alot of catchup reading... who know when that happen. Nothing new her just school house work and lately viruses.... looking at getting more chickens dh is talking about leasing some land for goat and ect cause he feels better about us having them as opposed to not and we looking at getting the fall garden going now that,we had some rain to soften the ground

It’s great to hear from you! I’m guessing y’all haven’t moved? How do you feel about Trinity county? LOL my son has a 3 bedroom 1bath home on 2 acres and a small pond, that I’m staying in, while waiting on my new place to close. In the meantime I’m redoing it, inside and out. Had electrician here couple days ago, getting everything right. Hopefully I’ll close on my new place next week.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dh got back late may and has been home since. Currently working security at various locations and looking at joining the sheriff department again as the finally got a pay raise that will work for our family. Back in the day he was getting paid 12.50-13.50hr now the went up to 21-22 major jump and now we can afford him doing it again he is excited. Yay for a actual schedule lol. Thats a good question lol they always have something lol I tease mine and tell them they have cooties because their cutties lol. Deer are monsters when it comes to gardens they seem to think its their personal Buffet. Baby got to go he attacking my phone

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow...that's a good update! It gives you hope for moving into a better situation!! Good to hear. Try to visit a little more often. 😁

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The sellers of the farm called yesterday, I mentioned unloading the T-posts off the flatbed on Monday. He offered to bring his tractor with hay forks to unload the posts! Wow! That will be a HUGE help! He also said he’d help with fencing the span between us. That is wonderful! With the T-posts off, I can go on a gate hunt and safari. Today my goal is to binge watch Yellowstone until this afternoon when I meet my sister in law in Lufkin to go eat and visit awhile.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! That is a huge help -- both unload and fence help! I will assume the fence help will include labor AND expense. 😁👍. Here a joint fence is both...legally.

Hope tomorrow they call with a time to close!!!!!!🤞

Yesterday I went to goat auction. Saw 2 possible but, close inspection by me said not for me. So, I visited with some other people, talked farm, crops, rain and costs. 😁. Then went home. Found a dehydrator I'd bought had been delivered 4 days early for ETA. Nice! 😊. Did a garden walk, chores later and then made a dinner with meat and veggies...healthy stuff. To bed early. A nice, relaxing day.

:caffor now. Seems they think I may see rain mid-day 🤷. Can't trust them. 🙄. It would be ok if it happens. Just a wait and see. Saw my last planted sweet corn popping up yesterday.....rain work be great! Gonna do a soaker hose water on tomato's this morning, hmmm. Confidence in weather forecast :lol::old

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is really great about the possible help with the T-post unloading and building the shared line fence. Here we are a fence OUT county, so technically a landowner has to fence his own property to keep other stuff OUT... next county north it is a fence IN county... at this point in time I look for Va to go all fence IN, as livestock gets pushed OUT of more and more areas with the encroaching developments. But here, the cost is shared ONLY if the adjoining landowner has animals up against the joint boundary fence. At this point, ANY help you get is a plus....so take it and smile and hope that if they do go with animals next to you, that you can maybe get some monetary payback... but even help building it, is a big plus.