Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
An old John Wayne movie just started, The Train Robbers. It’s set in the Hollywood version of Liberty, Texas. Dry, dusty, windy, barren, mountains in background. There really is a Liberty, Texas. It’s in southeast Texas. Pine forest, Trinity River runs nearby on its way to the Gulf of Mexico, green, lush, not far from the coast. NOTHING like the Hollywood version. LOL

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad that the deer didn't do any damage to truck. That sounds like me on average of once a year... yep... they "hit me" ...change their minds and come back and do the same... although the last one hit the front corner and wound up into the grill... the one before put a dent in the fender...
Anything is better than the mule destroying DS truck last week...

Some clouds and sun today and only in the low 60's... looking for a little showers on Wed maybe. A little warmer too.
Sorry you have a full week this week...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
PT this morning. Take library books back. That was a wasted trip. I wanted books on pasture health, etc. yeah right. Talk about deer in the headlights blank stare! Got to take back unused paint supplies to Home Depot and buy two 10’x1”x12” for making shelves to go in my utility room. Got to take back 2 mirrors to Walmart. They were too big, found smaller ones and hung them up. Chris will be here this morning to finish up hall bathroom. I meet DD tomorrow afternoon at my sister’s house to pick up granddaughters. The 15 year old texted me yesterday asking if there were any teenagers in my neighborhood. I replied, I live on a dead end road in the middle of nowhere . Sorry kid, you are stuck with me.
BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!
She is gonna be in purgatory. Snicker. Giggle.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. We might finally get some rain. It'd be nice since it'd be the 1st decent bit since May.
Nothing like a kamakazi deer to make your day! At least there was no damage to your truck.
:lol:
Really :lol:

Although recently the wife had a deer run into her. We saw it slowed down and I don't think we were doing 20mph, when it turned ran parallel to us then turned and hit the fender. The driver door will not stay open now unless you hold it.
I replied, I live on a dead end road in the middle of nowhere
I really, really miss living on a dead end road.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
DD and family lived in Lindale for about 10 years. The 15 year old had lifetime (her lifetime) friends there. They moved away, we’d get the granddaughters and she would flit around like a social butterfly, seeing all her friends. We never saw her, except to answer her beck and cell phone call to take her and friends to movie in Tyler, etc. Trinity county is going to be a culture shock to her. And I’m not going to be dropping everything to transport her to anywhere. I’m thinking maybe a movie on Friday in Lufkin. That will be our big excursion for the week. LOL

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Take library books back. That was a wasted trip. I wanted books on pasture health, etc. yeah right. Talk about deer in the headlights blank stare!
Do you have Kindle Unlimited or e-library app? There are many pasture books on Kindle Unlimited and I can get some thru e-library too. Other option is request the physical copy books thru inter-libary loan. Here are some I've been reading: Salad Bar Beef by Joel Salatin, Greener Pastures on Your Side of the Fence by Bill Murphy, The Essentials of Permaculture Design by Randy Fairburn.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
She live and be all the better for it lol. Hi all I am just sneaking in before the kids notice I am missing. They were sick with two different virus for the last 2-3 weeks. Dh is out of town working. I am taking this week to catch up on chores and work on organizing the house. The kids will be catching up on any school they didn't get done last week when they were sick. Going to be going through and packing up summer clothes (keep a few things out but not much) , possibly be packing up extra things just for sanity sake. Wait on some orders to see if we are moving or not to be closer to dh but depends on his orders. Nothing much has changed still have chickens and pets. Well anyways going to try to catch up on reading but I doubt it will happen. Anyways need to get started on breakfast have to feed these people lol and need to get cleaning see yall around.