Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m several counties away from Houston. It doesn’t affect me at all. I just mentioned it because of their stupid teaser headline before a commercial.

I don’t have a well, on community water.

I’ll probably get another 6 weeks. That will get me through Christmas, I’ll have grandkids and therapist will be off some too. She said for a “normal” person who sat around, they would let me go. But we all know I’m not normal.
Ha! Excellent. Just like when I told my PT guy what I did and I got the tough stuff.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bacon is great with coffee!! Just sayin' :old I'm having coffee, would eat bacon but, don't feel like going in there to cook it. 🤨

Sun is out, I'm not. Slow morning...chores shortly, then a couple hours of job. Hope to be back noonish and work that last section of fence for this field. Rains tomorrow. Scheduled a full day of work for then, at one store.👍. Fri-mon will be at home days.😁

4 days for goat p-strip efforts. :lol:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've got eggs but on the way out to let chickens out and go get the Explorer... got tape for the "for sale" signs, info sheet to put in windows... then leaving to go to test early and take it by the dealer an hour north on my way to test and see what they will offer me. Getting clothes for work together to put in plastic bag to change into at dairy (shoes and sweatshirt) and to change back out of before I come home.
Got down to a CHILLY 35 degrees last night. Some sun expected and then clouding up for rain this eve/tomorrow. @Mini Horses will probably get it a few hours after me... Then colder for Thursday...
Oh well, it is getting into winter.
Hey, only a little over 3 weeks and we will hit the shortest day of the year...and then days will be getting longer!!!

Got 2 mice TOGETHER on one sticky trap this morning.... YAY:yesss::celebrate:thumbsup . I am going to deplete the mouse population if it kills me... it will definitely KILL THEM.....

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good day all. Still need to wash the coffee pot soo.... anyway. Driving up/over Saturday I out ran the rain until about 4 in KY. It was dark all day from the clouds and I couldn't see anymore after It got actually dark and raining. Stopped at an exit with 3 gas stations none with parking and it was $45 for a campground for one night. The roach hotels are only $47.
I was very surprised it was 29 this morning. Water was running then started to slow to a trickle. I wasn't expecting that low a temp.

Honeybee Hill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Happy belated Thanksgiving! I had the Flu last week (remember the flu?) So I was on the couch for about 5 days feeling awful-felt ok last Wednesday, so I had 10 for Thanksgiving dinner. Am I nuts? Yes. Yes I am. I ordered a 15 pound turkey, and apparently someone at the supermarket is an overachiever-I got a 25 pound turkey instead. :thI could barely lift it after being sick all week before. The kids all pitched in an cooked little sides, and we played games.It was a great time, and I'm glad I did it. Of course the next day I felt sick again, I guess I overworked a bit, so I left all the cleaning and tidying to DH and DS3.
Good news! The chickens laid 2 eggs last week. None are fessing up, and none have laid a thing since so :idunno

I've started orientation for school, and I found out I have to take a Sexual harassment course through the school...I already take one through the Fire Department, but apparently that's not good enough so I should be an expert after taking two courses. I'm down to almost my last month as Captain of EMS, and I'm literally so excited I could explode. Things are getting bad with the incoming chief, he doesn't like me (here I am, not caring) and now he apparently won't talk to anyone who is friends with me. :lol: We're all finding it very peaceful since he won't even complain or ask any of us to do anything. It's like a breath of fresh air not listening to him drone.
Volunteer Fire Departments are like insane twisted reality shows, where nobody likes each other, and everyone gossips behind everyone else's back. I love riding the ambulance, and the "volutics" are tiring. I can't wait to just show up and do what I want to do and deal with nothing else.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They aren’t long enough.
There are ways! How is it stored?? On 2 bys on the ground or up on something like Jan said?

If you are loading it from the side you could have a long 2 by running under it fore and aft just close enough to the tractor side that the forks will catch under it. Might have to use ratchet straps to hold it to the fork frame as you lift and maneuver depending on how long the forks are and how wide the top is.

I lifted a smallish piece of deck, made with PT wood and 4x4 legs about 5' high with the forks on my tractor. It is 5' wide and 8' long. Put the forks under one end, ratchet strapped it to the fork frame and moved it from one end of the barn (outside of course) about 100' and put it down behind the little barn. Given how much weight there was a good distance from the fork frame I wasn't sure it would work, or the tractor might not be able to lift it. Unfounded fear, lifted easily and was quite stable.

It is now a cheap "run in shed" for the alpacas. It also supports one end of a slapped together "tent" for the backhoe when it is off the tractor (which is most of the time). That was necessary since the original plan of the Harbor Freight "portable garage" didn't work out.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
In from grazing the sheep, now drinking tea and snacking o a few cookies. Hey - I've got eggs and even just took some out of the freezer for a cheese cake I want to make. It'll be my first go at using eggs from the freezer, hope it works! According to all the canners out there you can freeze the eggs - either beaten up or singly. Time will tell.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I put a number of eggs in the container that came with the immersion blender and mix them up, trying not to get them frothy, then pour into silicone muffin cups in a muffin pan. Then into the freezer. Once frozen, I pop them out and put them in freezer storage bags. Works well unless you want breakfast sunny side up, over easy or soft or hard boiled ;)

Latest posts