Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Honeybee Hill ive gone for weeks at a time with no power. For one 3 week stretch due to a hurricane, I was in an all electric house! I have the answer to your dilemma.

BOILED CAMPFIRE COFFEE!

Boil it in a pot on the stove. To settle the grounds, toss in some ice cubes. That shocks the coffee and most will settle to the bottom.

Look at it this way, at least you aren’t in the back yard buildings a fire.

Honeybee Hill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Honeybee Hill ive gone for weeks at a time with no power. For one 3 week stretch due to a hurricane, I was in an all electric house! I have the answer to your dilemma.

BOILED CAMPFIRE COFFEE!

Boil it in a pot on the stove. To settle the grounds, toss in some ice cubes. That shocks the coffee and most will settle to the bottom.

Look at it this way, at least you aren’t in the back yard buildings a fire.
I boiled the water and poured it through a strainer into the cup. I think before coffee, that was as technical as I could get. I will absolutely try the ice cubes!
I have an old percolator....still available in camping area. With Starbucks and K-cups some don't even know this used to be standard way.
I have my moms old percolator-the best tasting coffee comes from a percolator! I have to find another cord for it. She got it in 1957 when my parents got married, the cord gave out a few years back!

I agree about the k-cups and all the hoopla with todays coffee makers. So expensive! DH offered to go to Starbucks for me-I'd rather sleep walk than drink that overpriced, bitter stuff. :old

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
When the keurig died at work, I got an instant engineering degree :lol:
coffee maker.jpg

Latest posts