Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was frosty here yesterday morning, but we are in a warming trend for the rest of the week. On first cup of coffee. Got to finish taxes today, appointment tomorrow. I’d much rather be outside playing. Doing anything but sitting at the table with a pile of papers.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got snagged to report for jury duty 😕
Snarfed oatmeal, fed the sheep, pouring rain. I’m in my rain suit jacket (hmm suit jacket? ) and knee high muck boots with hay bits sticking (no muck I was in the barn). Had to stand in the rain to wait for them to open the doors 😐.
Well let’s see if I can slip through and not get picked. In this game of dodge ball I want out asap.
EDIT — dodged the jury bullet! 👍🏼

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m in my rain suit jacket (hmm suit jacket? ) and knee high muck boots with hay bits sticking (no muck I was in the barn). Had to stand in the rain to wait for them to open the doors 😐.
🤣 Suspect you might not get picked...drowned rats rarely are. But, how'd it go, fashionista? :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s 66F with high of 82F today! Coffee is ready! I’ve got to go see CPA today. Couldn’t find paperwork for selling farm in Lindale, tore house apart looking for it. Went to sons house, same thing, came up empty handed. Called title company and she emailed it to me. I found a few more receipts, need to add them in before I go.

I see where the OK Brand sheep and goat wire I’ve been using is now gone up to $450 per roll. Local store has 8 rolls at the last “old” price of $420. Guess who won’t be running over there to buy them all? Will these prices EVER go down? Or will the price finally quit going up and level off, the “new” forever price? February 2022, price was $250 per roll, had just gone up $20.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having my morning cuppa....not a great taste today 🥴. A brand I bought to try, thankfully a small bag, not my thing. Prob be good if you are a cream user. 🤷 Will give to DD, she uses cream & sugar. She'll like it, it's Expresso type.

Working today -- couple jobs to get off my portal. Stayed home yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it! A lovely "farm day"... Chores, enjoyed the animals, played with goat kids, fixed/moved a few things that caught my eye. Plans for Fri thru Sun to be home and move animals, disc garden, kid weaning and goat milking, all on a slightly more serious level. Yeah, annual "get it in gear" mode. :lol: :old Made a list to keep myself in line for "have to" jobs.😁

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
🤣 Suspect you might not get picked...drowned rats rarely are. But, how'd it go, fashionista? :lol:
They only sent one group up to the court. The rest of us sat around for a couple hours and then they sent us home. Off the hook for a year now :) -- I think the boots are my lucky charm.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see where the OK Brand sheep and goat wire I’ve been using is now gone up to $450 per roll. Local store has 8 rolls at the last “old” price of $420. Guess who won’t be running over there to buy them all? Will these prices EVER go down? Or will the price finally quit going up and level off, the “new” forever price? February 2022, price was $250 per roll, had just gone up $20.
Yikes on the fencing cost. Makes me glad that I told DH to hang on to the roll we had left from fencing last year and the pile of t posts too.
Sadly I don't see any prices coming down. At least not in our lifetime. At least not down to any price that would be lower. With alfalfa at $31 for a 3 strand bale I don't see it ever being the old $15/bale that I was paying Jan 2020.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Once up, prices rarely come back down -- not enough anyway. 😢 We adjust as much as we can. Not fun.

I have gotten some "free" seeding from my hay. When I feed in good weather, in pastures that are down from dormancy, I toss pads in various areas. There's some seed head that finds dirt. The little bit of waste hay covers it, goats fertilize it and grass grows! It is some waste -- but no more than dropping from feeders In barn ... Which becomes bedding :idunno at least I get over seeding outside.😁.

It's coffee and "?". A little damp & chilly out, overcast. Need to turn on some bright lights inside to motivate! :lol:. I have a not so neat stack of "to do lists" to choose. First feed, then milk.

Latest posts