Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love spring but hate the allergies. My head is pounding and it feels like thoughts are swimming thru tar. Claratin, Sudafed, pain killers, and triple caffeine not making a dent in the fog. Ugh
Have you looked into allergy shots? Seems you can't get relief from OTC meds. Oh, one OTC you didn't mention that I use is Flonase, the Costco version (Aller Flo) is WAY cheaper in the 5 pack, especially on sale (5 for less than one brand name at the grocery store). I don't know if that would be of benefit because I'm not a doctor, don't even play one on TV. Might want to talk to your PCP about the allergies.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
No coffee this AM - WAY tooo keyed up and stomach a wreck.
Had to report - for the 1st time in my whole life - for jury selection this AM in 'The Big City' - a MAZE of one-way streets and crossing lanes and all the stuff that makes me a complete driving WRECK!!!
Missed a turn and got stuck in a middle lane heading away from the courthouse! Finally got turned around and learned that there is such a thing as a blinking red light in the middle of the street where you are supposed to just tap the break and drive on... ? NO IDEA what that was for... maybe to break up traffic a little for cross streets ahead????
Anyway, found a parking lot - but wasn't allowed to park (reserved). Found a public lot 2 blocks away & paid the full day fee recommended on my summons ($25!!!). Got to my assigned room JUST in time and nearly out of breath. Then waited a full hour before anyone came to tell us what was next. The group was taken to another floor to meet the judge, law teams and defendant. For some reason, I wasn't prepared for that. We were asked general questions about our fitness to serve and then were called one at a time up to the witness box to be individually interviewed by the judge and lawyers in front of the whole room.
Somehow I came across as a respectable citizen instead of a blubbering idiot and now have to GO BACK for the next 2 days to serve on a trial!!!
The US Marshal that was leading us around promised coffee in the morning. MAYBE I'll be settled enough - now that I have SOME idea what's going on - to drink it.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Washer Woes - did yall know that it's nearly impossible to just go to a store and pickup a washer anymore?????? I assume it's the same for any large appliance. I spend almost 2 hours this AM (shhhhhh don't tell my boss!) researching all the places near me that I could access online. Almost ALL of them, you had to place an order for delivery. Most of them had no option to pickup regardless of how long you wanted to wait. I lucked out that one of the big box stores still keeps some handy.

My barn clean up friend is going with me (her pickup truck) to get it tonight .... and we'll probably grab some icecream on the way back 😂
My laundry room will be back in working order before I even need to do another load. Maybe I'll strip the bed and wash the sheets just to have a load to do tonight :lol:

OH! Guess what! My buddy's husband called her and said "Is there any reason I can't just pick this up since I'm in town already?" So I sent him the confirmation email.
I got the soapy water sucked out, the old washer moved ... and accidently rolled down the steps into the yard, and the utility room clean and ready by the time they arrived to get it installed! Oh Happy Day!
Her Dad collects any kind of scrap metal to either tinker with or sell so they even took the old washer home with them.
:D =D:D =D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Somehow I came across as a respectable citizen instead of a blubbering idiot and now have to GO BACK for the next 2 days to serve on a trial!!!
The US Marshal that was leading us around promised coffee in the morning. MAYBE I'll be settled enough - now that I have SOME idea what's going on - to drink it.
You lucky duck! I have tried to be chosen but nobody ever wanted me……

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
No coffee this AM - WAY tooo keyed up and stomach a wreck.
Had to report - for the 1st time in my whole life - for jury selection this AM in 'The Big City' - a MAZE of one-way streets and crossing lanes and all the stuff that makes me a complete driving WRECK!!!
Missed a turn and got stuck in a middle lane heading away from the courthouse! Finally got turned around and learned that there is such a thing as a blinking red light in the middle of the street where you are supposed to just tap the break and drive on... ? NO IDEA what that was for... maybe to break up traffic a little for cross streets ahead????
Anyway, found a parking lot - but wasn't allowed to park (reserved). Found a public lot 2 blocks away & paid the full day fee recommended on my summons ($25!!!). Got to my assigned room JUST in time and nearly out of breath. Then waited a full hour before anyone came to tell us what was next. The group was taken to another floor to meet the judge, law teams and defendant. For some reason, I wasn't prepared for that. We were asked general questions about our fitness to serve and then were called one at a time up to the witness box to be individually interviewed by the judge and lawyers in front of the whole room.
Oh gawd! I sooooo understand. Been there -- LOL even recently (but luckily got to go home). Hang in there - ~maybe it'll be interesting At least there will be coffee -- the coffee guy AND the vending machines at the courthouse I went to are long gone.
Good luck tomorrow - and OUCH on paying for parking.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was called for duty a few years ago. A dispute about a roaming pitbull killing chickens. The defense attorney asked if I had lost animals to domestic dogs. I told him I had. He asked what steps I took. I told him none. There was a brief dogfight between my LGDs and the offending dog which did not survive. There were chuckles in the room. They sent me home.