Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well it's Disney day!!!!
I'm sitting in the airport, so far the flight is delayed 24hrs (& counting).
BUT - it's a day or of work & hanging with my best friend 👍

(....missing my critters already though)
OH MY GOSH!!! I MEANT 2 HRS!!!! We were due to fly out at 7. Finally got on board at 10... got into the room just after 1AM!

It was a great trip. The weather was wonderful - 80's and breezy. We ate VERY WELL :D =D, accidently met Mickey, rode some fun rides and walked until we were MISERABLE (roughly5-6miles a day!)

IF I ever get caught up here at work, I'll post some picts.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is 37 outside...37!! 😱. This shouldn't be. 64 inside, turned heater on...I'm 🥶. Makes for a poor start to a day.

Fresh, hot coffee!! Lots of it. A cuddly fleece shirt over a thermal one. I do not like cold!! Only the chickens are moving around out there. 🤔 Feels like winter has returned. 😢. Poor me.....😞

Well this is for sure a go to job day :idunno:rolleyes: 🤣

Honeybee Hill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been very absent from here lately-life has been crazy, but then what else is new? I finished my first semester at school, started the second semester last week. I'm enjoying it so far-tons of work, but my residency comes up in a few weeks, so I'll be up in New Hampshire for 6 days.
Went on two back to back business trips with DH, the first to NM, and I fell in love with it. Just amazing. The people and food and of course the desert and mountains-I could live there. Right now I'm on my last day of the second trip-Washington DC-three of four kids and SOs joined us for the weekend and we did some fun stuff-The White House, The Capitol and all the rest of the stuff that makes up the government. I liked seeing the sights but I am ready to leave. We're on the 3 o'clock Amtrak today.
Big News! We pick up my first little goats on Friday! Two ND Doelings! I'm so excited! I managed to get their quarters ready (old chicken coop, really big, and impossible to escape from!) and they'l have the yard at the house down the hill to play in-6 foot fence, and will be supervised by one of us at all times.
I'm spending tomorrow putting down stall mats in the coop, to make cleaning easier, but the rest of the stuff is already done-Hanging buckets for water, food bowls, HUGE hay racks attached to walls, and tree stumps that they can play on. (we took down massive trees last year) I even painted the coop housing red. It was a light gray color, but years of chickens needed a new paint job after a good scrubbing.
I got all the feed and stuff that they need, tomorrow I pick up the hay, and then I'm ready!

I hope the pictures work! The little girl closest to the cat is Thistle, and the little spotted girl is Clover!!
IMG_9401.jpeg
IMG_9344.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only thing that I want to offer you as advice..... coccidiosis is prevalent in chickens, often does not cause any problems that you see... but mammals can pick it up from poultry even several years later.... I had several calves get sick after being put in a pen where I ran turkeys 3 years previous. I did not clean the pen down to the concrete and wash it down... but had cleaned it out. So... just something to be careful of.

DParker

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Big News! We pick up my first little goats on Friday! Two ND Doelings! I'm so excited!
Nice! Cute girls. We pick up our first two doelings this Friday, with at least two more to follow shortly, I hope. That will put the property's estrogen-to-testosterone ratio at 16:2, with my wife, 2 female dogs, 9 hens and 4 doe goats. The little bantam rooster and I are hopelessly outnumbered.