Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Evening coffee going.
It's been a busy weekend.
Work & vaca got me behind on my "want to's".
I got a a LOT of the mowing done.
Repaired/re-ran the fence in the section of the south pasture that got reseeded last summer.
Got the pole saw out & removed a bunch of low branches.
Cleaned up the coral bell bed.
Mowed up most of the leaves in the Piney Woods garden & used them to mulch several beds.
Found a nest of tiny carolina wren babies tucked up in a planter.
Decided I had had enough of a HUGE (big enough for 3 labs to sleep comfortably) old dog house. Cut it in half, got it loaded into the cart & hauled to the burn pile.
Mowed some more.
Dropped my car off at the garage - again - to have them hopefully actually FIX it this time.
Moved the big woven arch made from crepe myrtle trimmings into the Piney Woods.
Moved a BUNCH of my horde of pretty rocks & cleaned up the honeysuckle & stickers that were calling them home.
Always love when I get the time to love on my little farm.

20230507_100022.jpg
20230507_100126.jpg
20230506_144121.jpg
20230507_100303.jpg
20230507_100321.jpg
20230507_121454.jpg
20230507_162442.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@canesisters You had a "feel good" day 🥰. A lot done. Nice. Pretty flowers, happy cows. Good feeling.

I rested some, cooked up 3 dz eggs -- shared those hard boiled with DD & DS but, let them peel their's 😁 I have my limits.

Also, got a couple hrs of tractor therapy time. 👍
Great weather with some light showers possible after dark. Good day. Chores done, fun had, all accounted for and relaxing but accomplished something. No pressure or stress.😁

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love it all. Forgive me if I don’t post a like on everything. I’m well (knees/feet) and trying to catch up. We lost power last night and my fluff butt chicks did fine. The wind howled and rain came in the windows but not much. Storms tonight but I will warm the utility room with a light and move chicks there if I need to. It’s been several years since I’ve had chicks. Messy little beasts. I love them but don’t tell anyone

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 2:39 AM. Phooey. Coffee is ready, on my first cup. Got dishwasher going, and I got a load of clothes to get out of the dryer to fold and put away.
@Blue Sky enjoy your chicks. They grow fast and will be smart Alec chickens before you know it. Chickens are entertaining, tiny velociraptors. If chickens were 6 feet tall, we’d be on their menu. 🤪

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Light rain last night, couple hrs. Pleasant temps & smells clean out 😊 wet but, should dry fast with the sunshine. They say more rain early afternoon -- again -- and same tomorrow!! 🥴 🤷

Kinda puts a kick in plans. 🤣 Hard to pound in a post holding an umbrella. Better do what I can this morning.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Light rain last night, couple hrs. Pleasant temps & smells clean out 😊 wet but, should dry fast with the sunshine. They say more rain early afternoon -- again -- and same tomorrow!! 🥴 🤷

Kinda puts a kick in plans. 🤣 Hard to pound in a post holding an umbrella. Better do what I can this morning.
You need one of those umbrella hats!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hoping I can choke down a cup of coffee while Fen goes out with TheMan to do chores. We go to Burns today closest town @110 mi. It will be Fen’s first experience at public access. Hoping he is ready.
He’s done amazing at home, learning to take off my socks and hand them to me, open and close doors for me in the house while I am in a wheelchair, bring me my cane, find my Kindle, phone and neck pillow by scent, and hand me random stuff I drop, like glasses, even a canning lid! He gets the stuff out of the dryer I cannot reach. He’s learned all this and more in 6 weeks. He’s a brilliant pupoy but he wears me out!
(he might not look brilliant but don’t let him fool
IMG_3516.jpeg
you)

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hoping I can choke down a cup of coffee while Fen goes out with TheMan to do chores. We go to Burns today closest town @110 mi. It will be Fen’s first experience at public access. Hoping he is ready.
He’s done amazing at home, learning to take off my socks and hand them to me, open and close doors for me in the house while I am in a wheelchair, bring me my cane, find my Kindle, phone and neck pillow by scent, and hand me random stuff I drop, like glasses, even a canning lid! He gets the stuff out of the dryer I cannot reach. He’s learned all this and more in 6 weeks. He’s a brilliant pupoy but he wears me out!
(he might not look brilliant but don’t let him fool View attachment 98738you)
Super sweet and super smart --- it doesn't get much better --- except for the added coating of super cute! ❤️