Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thought I only have 3 female out of I think 15 guinea fowl or less, but seems we got more. Picked one egg up yesterday morning in the Waddle Wattle Inn, went looking for more when I got home and ended up finding 6 more. We are getting inundated with them now. Going to stick 20 plus in the incubator on top of the 15 already in there and I have a feeling they are going to be popping out faster than I can incubate them all.
High of 71°F today, yipee going to plug a few pot holes, make a better pen for my little boar, expand Pooch's run and set up my new egg turner in a new incubator.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have that same "beyond" style every few months 😲😂 time & appointments! Just getting up...nice sleep in. Coffee almost done. Hard to wait :caf after I'm perked up, it's fence day. Didn't get rain yesterday :celebrateas it went north of me. Front brought cooler temps👍. I'm optimistic that something will get done....home 3 days to work on things..

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mornin all! Boone sailed over me like a gazelle this morning to wake us up. His landing however was a tad more grizzly like.
After we both stopped screaming in response to his methods, I got BIG kisses and a footie.
It’s a big deal when Boone gives a footie.

IMG_8475.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Anatolians don’t like their feet being handled. I play a game with Sentry, IM GONNA GET YOUR FOOT! I try to grab a foot and he snatches it away and pretends to bite me. Of course he doesn’t, his teeth never touch me, it’s our game. I laugh and I swear he does too.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Anatolians don’t like their feet being handled.
I noticed! Trimming his nails is ridiculous! I have to get Randy to hold onto him and keep shoving cookies at him while I lay with my head on the floor, wedging the clippers over the tips of his toenails while he’s standing ! 😬

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hubbs and I wormed the flock today. Missed four because they sailed away like gazelles. Mr. Pointy was easy because he was hung up by the chute. I priced dewormer yesterday- good lord! Double and triple the price in some cases. And TSC seems to have less and less treatments of any kind for sheep. I sing the praises of Prohibit (powdered) for being a good product reasonably priced. It’s an older class wormer that I rotate with cydectin. I wonder what our great grandparents did? There was a woman named Juliette De Bairacli Levy - Juliette of the Herbs who traveled the world about 100 years ago collecting herbal lore especially pertaining to animals, living with rustic/nomadic peoples and generally ignoring the fact she was an heiress to some immense fortune or other to the ire of her family. I guess I’ll start looking at her books.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wormer cost has been on the rise -- esp since covid and it's ridiculous now! Our grandparents used herbs, weeds animals selected -- wormwood, sage, garlic, onion (wild), oregano, tobacco, etc. Weather played a roll and not as many types as now -- certainly not as drug resistant. 🤷

I was up early -- as in couldn't sleep -- everyone fed & went to look at auction stuff. Nothing I couldn't do without. Lot of feeder sized pigs, all uncut 😵‍💫; some others I wouldn't take for free, all ages...3 bottle calves, & 2 big ones. Some ratty goats, a few decent, same with sheep....poultry & rabbit galore, every type & age. 8 GP pups, 6 lab mix? And 6 beagles, just weaned.....looked and left. Two nice Boer does, prev 4-H, but didn't feel the desire to wait 5 hr to spend $700 or more for them (350 reserve). Don't need them anyway. 😉🤣, especially since I have all these half Boer does I'm growing out until late summer. Then look at what direction I'll take for them & some adult dairy, for selling. Several will go. 🫤 And I have 3 full blood Boer doeling I'll raise up, so buy feed and not more TO feed.

Overcast, cooler than norm, comfy for long sleeves out there. Gonna go get some tractor time in!! 😋👍 Very slight chance for scattereds. Thinking I'm good to go.