Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Such a contentious subject this is...

All I know is Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, my Interceder to Almighty God.

BTW... I promise not to post inappropriate memes in this thread. 😂

It's a puzzling thing to me why it IS a contentious subject. A person posts some information and another person gets defensive about the information, as if it's some kind of personal attack against them. It's weird. A person who is firm in their knowledge or belief about a certain subject or idea doesn't need to argue about it....they can let others believe that THEY want to believe and keep their own counsel.

I don't feel the need to get all brody when someone states emphatically that millions have died of Covid when I don't believe that information, not even a little bit. I just figure they have been misled in their information and that's too bad, but it's of no concern to me. I post information here for people to absorb, to pass along or to take it or leave it, but not to inflame anyone. That people get angry over it is their problem, but it really does little to increase knowledge about this topic.

caprines.n.me

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It's a puzzling thing to me why it IS a contentious subject. A person posts some information and another person gets defensive about the information, as if it's some kind of personal attack against them. It's weird. A person who is firm in their knowledge or belief about a certain subject or idea doesn't need to argue about it....they can let others believe that THEY want to believe and keep their own counsel.
You seem to be very firm in your opinion and you post lots of articles to try and back up your opinion. She has a right to her opinion, and she has a right to post it (just like you do) even if some don't like it.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
You seem to be very firm in your opinion and you post lots of articles to try and back up your opinion. She has a right to her opinion, and she has a right to post it (just like you do) even if some don't like it.
And there's where you are wrong. I find no reason to "back my opinion" as I've already formed it and no longer need to "back my opinion". I don't need other people's opinions of what I post to either confirm nor deny what I've already come to believe. I post articles to inform others of what I've found on the topic that make sense to me...whether they make sense to others means less than nothing to me, just thought others may find the same thing informative. No need to argue over such information as it's not being offered to "back an opinion", which is why I'm not on here stating my opinion over and over.

Not sure who "she" is, to whom you are referring?...but whomever she is, of course she has a right to post whatever she likes. Wasn't aware that anyone had posted anything at all....could be someone I have blocked/ignored, so I wouldn't see their post. :hu I was answering a post by CC, which was obvious because I quoted his post.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I can't remember if I have asked this yet.

How will 2020 history be written?

Who's opinion will be in the history books?

Right know I am looking at everything at face value. If I don't see it with my own eyes I'm trying not to form an opinion that I voice.

On a positive note a restaurant near use just won in court against the health department for not mandating mask to be worn in their establishment.

caprines.n.me

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Apologies if I misinterpreted. I noticed that MR. CrealCritter had posted that the subject was contentious. It appeared that he was responding to Ms.BunnyLady's post. She was the "she" I referred to.

I do tend to have a strong sense of right and wrong that sometimes compels me to step in where I may not be wanted or needed, lol. Hazard of the (previous) profession I suppose. Even though I'm retired I sometimes tend to forget. :old

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't get me started on "conventional news" it's likely to get ugly, really quick.

I finally had to ask myself. How many times has this box lied to me? My answer was, many. Next question. Then why do you trust what comes out of this box? My answer was, I don't trust it at all.

So I unhooked it July 2020 and besides for gold rush I don't miss a thing about it. Was it hard to unhook the TV? Yes it was, very hard. I concluded I was addicted to "conventional news" but I'm happy to report, I'm now free from my addition.

I look back and think to myself of all the hours of my life wasted on total BS that came from that box and am amazed I let myself get sucked in like that. All those hours wasted... :(
CC, my Dad took TV out of the home back in the early 70s and I never had it in my home either, so my kids didn't have that inflicted upon them either. Dad used to call it "the boob tube" and he was right on the money with that. Other than seeing TV programming at other people's homes, in hotels or even at work, I've not watched TV since the 70s.

Didn't miss a thing. ;) You are on the right track.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My daughter teaches media in college. It is noteworthy that she and her husband do not allow constant TV. They subscribe to Hulu and select certain shows to watch, no commercials. When that show is over, TV goes off. She teaches a class on the brain numbing effects TV, video games, cell phones, etc have on young developing children.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I were to take a vaccine, it would be a killed virus, not RNA made with fetal cells from a 1973 aborted fetus. Gross. I found that and posted it for those who might want a vaccine, but not a cocktail of who knows what. As always, up for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.