Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
There haven't been very many days in the lat few months where some "rare occurrence" came out that didn't come out in the testing.

Well, they were very careful to go through all the steps in the trials, and get as much variability in their test groups as possible, so naturally, there wouldn't be many surprises. That is the whole reason for doing the trials, you know - making sure it's safe and effective. In the119 days since the first vaccines became available to the public; there have been over 190 million people in the US that have been vaccinated.

Those who have expressed squeamishness about the possible contents of some of the current vaccines might find this interesting:

https://www.wect.com/2021/04/13/new-plant-based-covid-vaccine-being-tested-wilmington/

I try and keep and open mind on this topic
Good for you. I, too, am open-minded, though I bear in mind the advice not to be so open-minded that your brain falls out. ;) I will give anyone a fair hearing, but I am also capable of critical thinking, and I don't just look at what is said, I also consider how it is said and by whom. I fully embrace the idea that everyone has a right to make their own choices; my goal is to make sure that those are informed choices, choices based on facts, and not hysterical fearmongering or misinformation.

(There's a saying, "ask 4 horsemen, and you'll get 5 opinions." Give me half a chance, and I'll give you so many different viewpoints, you won't know where you stand, let alone where I do.):gig

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine?
What I keep hearing is that it is equally effective as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for the "primary goal" of keeping people out of the hospital or the morgue. On the other hand it is 66% effective in preventing a moderate or severe case whereas the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA based vaccines are 90% or more effective at preventing contracting the virus or only having a non symptomatic case. It is also always claimed that you shouldn't compare the J&J to the mRNA based vaccines since it was developed after the variants started showing up.

To me that sounds like J&J is the ugly stepsister in this beauty pageant. Glad I got the Pfizer, I'd rather not get sick than only get less sick than I would if I were not vaccinated. While the J&J is as effective as the annual flu vaccine, to me that pales in comparison to what else is available. There are currently no better options for the flu vaccine. Other than areas where they don't have the freezer capability for the mRNA based vaccines, I see no reason for the J&J to be offered.

Carteret County has announced that they will stop offering Covid vaccinations at the end of this month. Though only 25% of the county population has been vaccinated, they aren't having enough people coming in to justify it.
That is very unfortunate.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
True, didn't look like anything Covid related at the beginning soI closed it. And now I've watched it and it still isn't really about Covid.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
M

member 21230

This will be my last post on this site, I wanted to leave you with something helpful.

If you need help with Covid-19 (info or medical or legal) consider...

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏💕🇺🇸

Last edited by a moderator:

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you tell me if this sounds abusive?
1f614.png

My friend's husband won’t let her visit any friends or family. He has made her stop all contact with them unless it’s on the phone or computer. He reads and censors her comments on social media.
He makes her feel like she's going crazy for thinking he’s controlling, and that she is being ungrateful. (After all, he’s only doing this because of how much he cares about her.)
He doesn’t want her going to the gym anymore, so she doesn’t go. He also doesn’t let her go to work anymore (he told her to only rely on him for income and that he will take care of her).
She's not really allowed to go out anymore, unless it’s for necessities, and when she does, he makes sure to have people guilt trip her about it and shame her for it.
He wants her to have this medical procedure done and tells her that if she does it, he will allow her more freedoms.
He constantly says he's only doing all of this because he cares... he is just doing it for her own good.
Oh wait....did I say husband? I meant the government.
My bad.
You have been conditioned to be outraged if another person did this to their spouse, but be passive & compliant when it comes to our government.
Please wake up!
1f614.png

Status
Not open for further replies.