Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y'all. The Sarahan dust cloud bears down on us, the biggest in 50 years. People with respiratory issues are told to stay inside or limit their time outside. We don't have respiratory issues, but don't want any issues, so we will be limiting out time outside starting tomorrow. Boo. Oh well, I can make pickles and can chicken dog food.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Again, in the scheme of things this is a minor thing but we just found that electric hair clipper parts are out of stock for the line we have at several vendors. The same replacement line of clippers are also out of stock so I guess that people forced to stay home for months got desperate and decided to cut their own hair. My wife has been cutting my hair almost as long as we have been together so this isn't a new thing for us.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't have respiratory issues, but don't want any issues, so we will be limiting out time outside starting tomorrow.
I've come down with sinus infection/bronchitis for the last two years when the dust hit - so I'm limiting outside time and wearing a paper dust mask when outside. With our heat and humidity - that mask is zero fun.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So just an up date a guy from work went to get tested for the antibodies and it came back positive so we are all sure we had it in late January early February or sometime in there. They are also telling us it has been here since December. It's kinda funny y with the protesting the virus disappeared. But now the protests are gone and the virus is back adder and meaner.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It showed up here in February, pretty sure of that. Our DD was sick, the 2 little girls were sick, we kept them because daycare won't let kids in with a fever. So my husband got real sick but i didn't. Our son is a crane operator, his job ended and he got very sick. Pulling his RV back home, he had to pull over and call his aunt to come get him. A doctor told him that he had a virus, not the flu. So, was it Covid-19?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably was . One of my dairy farmers said he got very sick about 3 weeks ago. Said it was pretty rough, all the typical signs. Took him a week to feel like he was halfway alive. Said he didn't want to test because he had felt so bad and didn't want to give it to me. I think I have been exposed a couple places, but have not had any symptoms. Of course, my allergies to the orchard grass were pretty rough there for a few weeks... but no fever or anything. It is around and some, like you @Baymule probably were exposed but didn't have symptoms if you even did have it from being in with the kids and your DH.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's kinda funny y with the protesting the virus disappeared.

Of course it didn't disappear, and there was a lot of speculation on just how big the spike would be from all the maskless non-distancing. When the local numbers were increasing a couple of weeks ago, local health officials were saying, "this is too soon to be the result of the protesting, this is the result of Mother's Day and Memorial Day get-togethers. The people who picked up an infection while protesting will be testing positive a couple of weeks from now."

But, some people just won't be told. :idunno

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably was . One of my dairy farmers said he got very sick about 3 weeks ago. Said it was pretty rough, all the typical signs. Took him a week to feel like he was halfway alive. Said he didn't want to test because he had felt so bad and didn't want to give it to me. I think I have been exposed a couple places, but have not had any symptoms. Of course, my allergies to the orchard grass were pretty rough there for a few weeks... but no fever or anything. It is around and some, like you @Baymule probably were exposed but didn't have symptoms if you even did have it from being in with the kids and your DH.
Well I held and rocked those girls like you do with a sick child. Wrap them in love and hold them. BJ got so sick that the doctor gave him a steroid shot, antibiotics shot, prescription for more antibiotics, a sample inhaler and a prescription albuterol inhaler. Even once he "got over" it, he felt like crap for a couple of months, short of breath, when he exerted himself, his chest hurt, he felt bad and had to go sit down. I never slowed down or missed a lick. If I had it, I was asymtomatic. I don't know how I could have been that up close to all those sick people and not caught it.

Status
Not open for further replies.