Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Even though the Tennessee order doesn't have a lot of teeth, people are paying attention. I called the vet and asked them to set aside flea and tick collars for three of our dogs and when I got there, saw that they are only letting one client at a time in the office and provide a station to wash your hands as you come in.

Traffic in town is usually pretty heavy at noon but today looked like a Sunday morning. All of the restaurants are closed as well as most of the fast food places.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are a lot of exceptions for essential business here in NC. Such as liquor stores. But, I guess we don't need the alcoholics crowding the ER's because of withdrawal either.
Maurine and I were talking about it and probably the best thing they did was when they closed the schools. All of those kids getting together every day and then going back to their house and their grandparents. That probably more than anything slowed this thing down.
And in hindsight the mayor of NY not closing the schools may be partly to blame for why things are so bad there now.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I hesitate to post this. So much junk online these days. BUT. If it turns out to be true and I didn't pass it along, I'd feel like an idiot. I received a text from a friend (whom I trust) from a friend of his (whom I don't know and therefore don't trust).
The f of a f is supposedly in the National Guard, and they've been notified that Homeland Security is activating N.G. nationwide for control of looting because Trump is invoking the Stafford Act to imposed a curfew nationwide as of this weekend. This appears to be an April Fool sort of thing, because the Stafford Act (nor anything else) authorizes the President the power to impose a nationwide curfew.
So, if you receive anything pertaining to this....it's PROBABLY junk, and don't let it add to the paranoia.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday our county almost got put on the Corvideo 19 map.... someone who lives in a community on the outskirts of the county has it...if they lived on the other side of the road it would have been our county....doesn't matter that they work here....
Going on a drive by birthday parade for a friends daughter.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is a cute story. It made me think about @Sheepshape

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
67 cases in my county now. My daughter and family thinks they all had it in January. Then my husband got what they had and is just now getting over it. Who knows?

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is a cute story. It made me think about @Sheepshape
There's a wonderful video of the goats tearing around Aberystwyth, eating off all the gardens etc as we are on 'lockdown'. The goats look to be in lovely condition and are now feral goats whose ancestors were escapees quite some while back who normally live in the surrounding mountains .Looks really apt for Aberystwth....hopefully they will continue to come down to town when lockdown eventually ends. They have come down into town before when the weather has been very harsh. If truth is but known the townsfolk love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.