Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The worst of it is that people that were totally horrified by the Floyd killing, and supported the peaceful protestors are now turning against the looters. The Floyd protestors are getting tarred by the same brush as Antifa. That is not fair at all since the Floyd killing deserves everyone's outrage. That police officer had been on the Minneapolis PD for over 19 years and had multiple complaints of excessive force and brutality against him! He had not been disciplined for this! Why not?! Liberal democrat governments seem to be the ones most involved in this sort of killing. Does this say something about the liberal democrats and their supposed concern for minorities?!

Mr. Floyd's brother was on TV telling people to stop looting and be peaceful. He was more angry at the looters than anyone else. Unfortunately they did not pay any attention to him.

The closest the riots have gotten to us is about 10 miles away in Van Nuys. That is in the middle of the San Fernando Valley. We are in the northeast end into the foothills. There are only 2 main streets coming in here so not too easy to get to our little town. High fences, big dogs and plenty of ammo. No problem. Although why Antifa would want to steal a flock of sheep beats me! ;) Maybe they want to have a BBQ with the fires they are setting.
:mad:
I hope they don't come any closer to your home! Stay safe!!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will assume that "Antifa" is a known & organized "gang/cartel/or such"?

I'm East coast....none here & don't sound wanted, either.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I will assume that "Antifa" is a known & organized "gang/cartel/or such"?

I'm East coast....none here & don't sound wanted, either.
I just looked at an article talking about Antifa in Manhattan! They are spread clear across the US! Mostly in big cities for now!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses the Antifa groups are everywhere. They are part of the mess that was in Charlotesville. They are an anti - facist militant group that goes against most "right wing" politics... but it seems they are really more of a terrorist minded organization as they get into anything that seems to get ugly like the rioting, looting, shootings..... I haven't studied up on them but they are pretty extreme.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last week BJ went to the doctor for lab blood draw. I couldn't go in, we had to sit in the car until they called him to come in. Today we go get results. It will probably be the same thing. We will have our masks on, sanitizer and wipes. I have a go to town bag that I keep that stuff in.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Last December my mom fell and broke her hip and had to have surgery! She had just gotten back home with my sister in CA after spending a couple of months at my home, she didn't even make it in the door when it happened! I flew down and helped get her settled into the rehab facility. She just had a 2nd surgery and they had to replace the hip as her bones were to soft to hold the screws from the first surgery! I can't even go down and see her...she's back in rehab and there are no visitors allowed! My sister said she is so tiny and frail, she's 4'9"... this has really set her back, I'm afraid that I might not get to see her again, but I'm praying that she will bounce back, she's one of the strongest women I know! She just turned 89 on the 24th of May! I'm glad that the rehab center is taking such good precaution with our precious elderly family members, but it's hard to not be able to go down there and be with her!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well -- guess that shows ya how "safely home" I am since I never heard of Antifa. Need to get out more? :idunno Nope.

Familiar with Charlottesville mess, not the name.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh @drstratton I pray for your mom’s recovery. This Covid 19 is robbing us of those precious last moments with our family members. I pray that you see your Mom again and get to hug her and tell her you love her.

Status
Not open for further replies.