Could be emergency?? Please help!

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible for her to be delivering a live kid but have no udder development? Should I be expecting a dead kid(s)??

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I put her up in her own pen/stall with deep chopped straw bedding, I will update y’all in the morning, had a long day today…I’m headed to bed🥱

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, a goat can have a kid with no udder. Unusual -- but, possible, especially if premature birth. Often the hormones will bring in milk...not always. Colostrum and milk will be needed for any live kids, if kidding is happening, with viable kids.

Update us pls.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Meant to update yall earlier this morning but completely forgot...Went to give them hay this morning and she was just laying in her stall, no babies, no more pain or contractions, no more throwing her head back. I have absolutely no idea what got into her yesterday, false alarm? but the softened ligs still got me wondering🤔

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is cow info ... so might not translate to goats?
But it's not unusual for a cow to have no significant udder when she gives birth. When this happens, the udder will quickly fill and stretch. The baby won't need much volume the first 24-48 hrs anyway.
My Eva will act like she's in labor for a couple of days before birth. I think it's mostly that she is sooo uncomfortable and the calf is moving into position.

Deecarter

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My doe is supposedly 3 months pregnant (I bought her last week.) When I picked her up I did a check over and ligaments were firm and round as pencils. Went to give goats hay tonight and decided to check ligs cause she was acting a little antsy today, not herself …they are GONE, I can wrap my fingers all the way around the base of her tailbone, the entire area feels like mushy pudding. Could she be full term and the previous owners got dates wrong?? Could she be having a miscarriage?? She has a tiny bit of clear discharge…
Sounds like you may get babies very soon. Keep us posted.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pictures! We love, adore and cherish pictures especially new babies, so we are all looking forward to the new additions. Please and thank you.

Latest posts