cow limping

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If any puff it's close to the hoof/ankle and no i don't have lot of standing water. I have a pond but they don't get in it and they don't stay around it to much. I've always keep a close watch when i'm home. Which is about almost everyday, I'm a stay home wife/grandma/help out friends. know what I mean. Anyway they do walk along the edge, but don't stay long. I belive they have time to dry out?? right? :idunno

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to take a good look at the hoof. If she won't let you or you wouldn't know if something is wrong anyway, all a friend who would know or a vet.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
ok, i'll call cheyene, she's been around cows forever. her dad has help me out with other things. but i'll have to get the halter's back on. cause even though we are some what over fair she still doesn't like to be crowed with people.but it will be a start.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
my vet already thinks i'm crazy. he's a good vet don't get me wrong. everyone thinks i'm crazy.If i could understan cow moo i'd have it made

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You'll need the halter on to be able to hook her up somewhere in order to have her checked out.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
mare,

How is Reba's leg today?

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hey farmer kitty, you must have esp beside all the good advice you give.I was thinking of you and all guys. We never found out what happen. But slick came over and looked at her. he deals with cows and horses. But he said that it look like she step wrong. She's walking good. but i still watch out to see if she is limping any or useing her hip to move the leg. But for now i belive she's ok. Thank you so much for answering my e-mail the ib seem to be ok for now. i didn't give any more. but when i go get the feed again, i'll see if they have the stuff you told me about and have it on hand for the next time. Mare

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Glad she's doing good. As you know from my first email I was leaning toward a sprang. Asprin for cattle is always good to have on hand.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
it would be alot easier if they just talk. Mooing is not just my thing!lol :lol: but i was very happy that it wasn't nothing really bad. so much to learn!!! :barnie you guys support help alot!!!!!! :hugs Thanks