Crazy storm!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got a nice shower this afternoon. Yay! it watered my newly planted grass. The real belly buster is coming around 11 PM tonight.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw that some of the storms up here are moving toward Texas now.. and some parts could have isolated tornadoes...be careful!!
It rained a few hours ago while the sun was out and the rain was so cold! It was actually really nice and I stayed out in it for a while. We're supposed to get another real bad storm tomorrow...70mph winds and hail :barnie

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
What was it I said about ordering a nice, gentle shower? We had a ridge of energy set up across the area this afternoon, and it basically sat on us for hours. By the time it moseyed out of here, we'd received about 2" of rain. There were periods of fairly heavy rainfall, but most was lighter. I thought the whole thing was drama- free (I can't remember even hearing any thunder), but apparently they did spot a short-lived waterspout off Wrightsville Beach. Step out my back door tonight, and you walk into a 70 dB wall of frog song. " . . . and there's no silence in the night," indeed!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow!! I'll bet you really need that rain though ;)
I always wanted to see a waterspout...I've seen a lot of things but not one of those!
Can waterspouts cause damage on land??

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure enough, the storm hit before 11:00 last night. Thunder shook the house, lightning lit up the sky. It rained all night, haven’t gone to the rain gauge yet. Coffee is ready.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw that some of the storms up here are moving toward Texas now.. and some parts could have isolated tornadoes...be careful!!

The system that has been causing weather in Ohio Valley the last week began moving NorthEast a bit, pushed by a Pacific front. It's the red curved line on the map below...Pacific front is the blue line.
A Pacific front started in PacNW early last week and has steadily worked it's way East.
As that pacific cool front moves east, it will do/has done as they all do, and again draw moisture up from the gulf to dampen the central midwest and eastern states.
pac cool.jpg

Upside:
Much cooler behind the Pacific front's dryline than in front of it.
drylinetemps.jpg

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't do too much damage for you guys :eek: Please stay safe!
last night around midnight we got hit by another storm...strong winds, tons of rain and thunder and lightning.
And same here @Baymule ...the thunder was like an earthquake!

I'll be happy when the storm system is officially gone...and yay for cooler weather!

Latest posts