Deterring Coyote/Coy dogs

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
BlueMoonFarms said:
Here is a bit more feedback on the night guard. So far so good, the coy dogs appear to have moved away from our house and ventured further into the forest behind us; our neighbor has been having issues with them up the road, but so far the night gaurd appears to have been keeping them away; even our next door neighbor has not seen them showing up on his game cam.
Now we have gone from Coy dogs at the fence line every night to practically nothing.
Now I am going to remain pessimistic and assume this is only short term (Because if I dont they will come back knowing my luck) and will be getting an LGD in the spring as added protection.
I just thought you all should be given another update!
Great news! :thumbsup

Dino

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Since LGD's are an essential part of the farm, it seems their cost and expenses should be tax deductable? Any tax pro's on here to answer that?

goodolboy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They are, food, vet bills, and anything related to keeping your investment safe.

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:cool: I currently use the Nite Guard system and have not had another problem with coyotes and do not hear them near our farm anymore. Before the Nite Guard units, it was a common event to hear a pack of coyotes pass through the farm as close as 10 yds. from the goats and the house. We bought several units and drove a 1x1 into the ground near the house at the driveway and at each gate to each paddock and at each of the 4 corners of the goat pasture and put 1 on each of the 4 sides of the 1x1's so the red light flashes in all directions? People love our new security system. The coyotes have not been back near the property. I did put a strand of electric 8" from the ground also and where we have had coyotes challenge our fencing, I put a strand of electric on the outside of the fence 8" off the ground also. Our border collies also bark quite a bit at night so I'm sure this helps also.