Devonviolet Acres

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: @Devonviolet I have a couple of hens who are flying to the top of my house too. drives JJ the English shepherd insane, she's convinced we have burglars and sounds the alarm rather loudly. emma and I laugh at her 'cause emma is an old dog and has heard ducks on the roof for years. over the years I have tried trimming one wing but it never works for very long so I just quit doing it. I decided that its more important for them to be able to fly away from predators than stay in a pen so tada free range ducks and chickens. I have never had one fly away from home in all the years I've had them. have lost 2 - 3 to a bobcat before marco came along but not not run away from home. maybe she just wanted to see you and dh, its lonesome in the barnyard when youall are in the house. @Mini Horses may be right, she may want to watch the price is right:plbb

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or worse like when I had to do it in So. Cal. when I was in college. You sat there ALL day waiting for jury pool picks.
That's interesting, that you had to go for jury duty, when you were in college. When I was in Nursing School (in MN), I got called twice. I called & told the court clerk that I was in college & got an exemption both times. Another time, in PA, I got called to jury duty, when I was really sick with Lyme Disease. I called in and got an exemption for illness.

This time, I did call in after I drove to the end of our gravel road & saw black ice on the Farm Market Road. I told the clerk, I learned, in MN, to not drive on roads with black ice! :th 'Nuff said! I didn't get called to go in the next day, so I guess now I will just wait until the next time they call me . . . and I'm sure they will call me! :) I just hope the weather will be a bit warmer. I don't relish going out, at 6:30AM, to milk in sub-freezing temps!!! :eek:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got my summons in the winter, they deferred it to summer. I know it is a civic duty but at least they way they do it in CA (or at least did 40 years ago) sucks. I would say something about how often I've been called up since then but I'm NOT going to jinx myself!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've served on jury duty twice when I lived in Memphis....they have changed the law on it now....but, when I served both times it was a 3wk period and ya had to go each day and check-in and sit in a room waiting for someone to come call a group to possibly sit on a jury....civil or criminal cases. There was about 10yr time span between the 2 stints, but I was picked during both times for both civil and criminal cases...the last one was sequested and went over the 3wk period, because the jury was selected the day before the 3wks were up....lucky me....:)
Here in Mississippi they only call for the potential jurors for the specified case....not a selected period of time...I haven't been called here....thank goodness.....:fl

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sounds familiar @CntryBoy777 EVERY FREAKING DAY for weeks. DW got called here a few years ago, seems it was similar to your second round. I think you were in the pool for like 3 or 6 months but only 1 day a month and some days they had her call in. I think she only went in a few times and was not ever on a jury.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It may change with time but every time they asked me about my background and I said career military I was out of there by the end of the day.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I forget all the lists they use to draw names from, but as the yrs have passed I have tried to eliminate the amount that my name appears on....right now it is just DL.....I have set on 2 murder cases, drug case, and several civil cases. I don't mind it really, but it always seems to be a hassel....at least in my opinion.