Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yup. We did it again. :lol: You were posting on MY journal when I was posting on YOUR journal. :gig

My eyelids were starting to get heavy, but I hadn’t checked BHY all day, so thought I would drop by to see if you had posted abut Blackie’s new little girls. :hide :lol: They sure are cute. :love

We only got a few drizzles yesterday. I can never get the weather maps to show me current locations of the fronts. So, I’ve learned I just have to take it as it comes. We have had more than our share of rain and mud lately, so my feelings wouldn’t be hurt if it all passed us by. :clap Okay, I’m off to beddy bye!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/index_loop.php National weather radar/map
https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/southplains_loop.php southern plains weather radar/map
https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=fws&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes Dallas weather/radar map
Hope the links work. if so, you can save/bookmark them and use them as needed. I find on my phone they are not as up to date as they are on the computer... they run 5-10 minute delay on here, ~15-20 minute delay on my phone.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
We only got a few drizzles yesterday. I can never get the weather maps to show me current locations of the fronts. So, I’ve learned I just have to take it as it comes.
Find a weather underground station near you, then click on their 'Wundermap".
Their radar will show you where the front is in conjunction to your location.
The front has now already moved thru your area of course, and is over in N central Arkansas but last night it would have shown it exactly where it was as it approached you from the NW.
ssradar.jpg

You can make their map as big or as detailed as you wish, showing local weather stations, wind direction at each, zoom in or out ,or as I did above, just show the map and active radar. (I only had to make it as I did, to show where the front currently is)
Normally looks more like this, with each station reporting wind direction and temp.
sswundergrnd2.jpg

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/tx/sulphur-springs

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tonight I made a Leg of Goat in my “somewhat” new Instant Pot. It came out really well! YUM!!! DH was still raving about it hours after we ate.

I won’t go into all the details, as I don’t have the energy right now, to write the recipe down. I do have some photos, of some of the process.

Here is the roast after I put the spices and oil on, for the marinade.
0120191755a.jpg

Here is a pic of the onions and carrots frying before I added the meat and kicked on the pressure cookers.
0120191808a.jpg

When it was finished cooking, I used my immersion blender to blend the onion and carrots into the broth before I made the gravy.

Here is the gravy, that I made. I must say, it was yummy!
0120192012.jpg

After DH carved the meat, we put some in a bowl, so we could ladle in an extra bit of gravy. I also made mashed sweet potatoes, from some I had previously cooked in my Instant Pot and froze in meal size portions. A generous amount of real butter and a small amount of brown sugar, made some amazing mashed sweet potatoes.

We were both hungry, and didn’t want to wait for the meat to cook. So, I also made some Spinich Linguini, with olive oil, minced garlic, grated Romano cheese and I topped it with fresh, chopped cilantro. That was yummy too. We ate that while we were waiting for the meat to cook. I didn’t get any pics of that, but here is my dinner with the meat, gravy and sweet potatoes.
0120192028.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts