Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beautiful little "cookies" !! Nothing can bring a smile to your face and heart better than snuggly babies. I love their colors.

Glad all is well.

I know you are making lovely jewelry now but, are you still going to do the foods, salves & lotions at the markets this year? Busy, busy.
Thanks Mini, they are fun to cuddle. :love Yes, we ARE busy!!! I’ve decided I’m not going to sell all the salves and lotions. I might make abatch of something, once in a while, and put it on the table, but not a lot of product. Since I eat low carb now, I won’t be selling Gluten Free, because that IS high carb. I might occasionally make a low carb pizza crust and/or rolls, to sell.

Okay, I’m on my way out to check on Mama and babies, and to milk colostrum out of Mom, to freeze for future use - if needed.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got 2" of rain yesterday, mostly drizzly, and I woke up to a hard rain about 2 AM. You probably got pretty much the same. And it's COLD! Keep those babies warm!
We got 1-3/4” of rain. That’s a total of 7.35” for the month of February, so far.

I weighed the girls this morning and they both weight 6.4 pounds, which is not in the ’’preemie” category. So, it seems I got the “bred date” wrong. I know I had thought about breeding them in September, for a February birth, so I guess that’s what I did.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our new little girls are thriving! This morning I saw them jumping straight up! I just LOVE it when they do to that! :celebrate

Here are the little princesses napping this morning.
IMG_20200221_103024009.jpg

Yesterday, I took Rosemary into the barn and put her in a stall, so she would be ready to kid. Her back end was looking like she could go any minute. I hated leaving her in the barn yesterday evening, because she looked so sad in the stall by herself. However, this morning she wasn't alone! She had two little boys, that apparently had just been born. When I picked them up they were soaking wet. So Craig and I got busy with towels and dried them off and cuddled them to warm them up. They are so stinkin cute! Oh and I'm thrilled! They have their mother's Nubian ears!

One of them we are calling Junior, because he looks just like Danny Boy!

The other one is black with brown markings and one white spot. he looks exactly like his grandmother, Rosemary's mother. I've been calling him Blackie, but I think I'm going to call him Midnight, because he is mostly black.

Here are the new little boys with their Mama.
IMG_20200221_100726841.jpg

IMG_20200221_100004233.jpg

Here is Junior
IMG_20200221_095242928.jpg

Here is Midnight
IMG_20200221_094710989.jpg

Last edited: