Dexter Cattle

The Farming Carpenter

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I would be interested, but its too far to ship. MO to RI is a little far. LOL. Good luck and keep me posted on when they sell please.

thanks,
LD

Legamin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good Morning, I am ISO a Dexter cow that has a baby and is pregnant with another. I want to raise them for the beef. There is no one selling them in the NE area. I can't find one east of the NY/CT line. Please let me know if you have any for sale. thanks,
Larry
Dexters are smallish even though they are more efficient for some uses they will not produce much beef…not enough to be competitive on the market. But if that’s the breed you like then it’s really the joy of raising and eating your own product. Not many Desters out there because they aren’t that profitable in large operations. There are some Highlands out there and they are a pleasant animal that is very careful of their horns.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems like smaller animals, like Dexters, would be desirable for family folk who don't need a ton of beef and would rather not have to handle the much larger and stronger breeds.