DKRabbitry ~ Constantly on the go

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That little spotted girl catches eveyone eye LOL If I were going to make a prediction, I would say she will sell first. That is one of the many reasons I decided to get AGHs... I don't have to pick colors! If they are all one color, it is soooo much easier for me to be unbiased.

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here is a cute one for ya :p

SpottyPiggy.jpg

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Still have 4 very healthy and vibrant baby pigs. They are the ceeeeeeeutest little things. The male is much larger than his sisters. Mom is still doing really well as well. She isn't a crazy mean freak and lets me play a tiny bit with the little ones. Just enough for me to get my cuteness fix then move along LOL

Babiespigs2.jpg

Babiespigs4.jpg

Babiespigs.jpg

And this one to kind of give you an idea how tiny they are.....

Babiespigs3.jpg

Harry was being very chatty yesterday as well. I am kind of amazed at how well this hog uses and cleans up hay.

HarryTalkin.jpg

HarryMuddyNose.jpg

And this is Rune. She was looking particularly evil LOL

EvilRune.jpg

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
You are evil.

Probably a good thing you're not close....I'm afeared I'd have m'self a pig.

*sigh*

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Baby pigs are dangerously cute. Those look small enough I could sneak them home in my pockets! I love their wrinkled skin it is the best part and their tiny little snouts. Oh how I love them. :D

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
If you wanted to bring me that spotty piglet now while it's little.....I'd totally take it / make you a deal on something.

UGH....cuz....I need to build a pig barn...lol

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Got anymore boer or boerX kids due? I would soooo try and talk DH into driving the 3 hours to get a buckling if you wanted to knock off the price of a cute spotty piggy off. We actually have a boer wether here for butcher and DH was looking at how THICK the boy is and he actually said to me "we should get one of these to breed the girls to." :th I have only been talking to him about doing that this year for the past two months!

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We finally have a litter of champagnes of the ground that are doing really well. They are going on a week old, mother finally decided to figure out she was supposed to do. She was a bit slow to catch on. Had her kits on the wire, didn't pull fur, kept *nesting* for a few days after babies were born. We had her in the house though, so we put the kits in the nestbox and after nursing them a time or two she has caught on to what her job is. She has a nice nest now with plenty of fur and all 7 babies are growing well.

After losing two clingers, Baby the flemish mix doe still has 6 very fat little babies. She was bred to a giant chinchilla. We have 4 white and 2 sandy colored. They are 2 weeks old now.

BabyXSunny02-05-12.jpg

BabyXSunny02-05-12b.jpg

K50 has 8 boistrous little kits! She was bred to my squirrel colored mini-satin (squirrel is blue chinchilla). Ended up with a couple squirel babies (which is exciting because that means K50 carries blue!) a few chinchilla colored and one crazy little black one that just bounces all over. They are going on 2 weeks old.

K50XNickle02-05-12.jpg

K50XNickle02-05-12b.jpg

K50XNickle02-05-12c.jpg

K50XNickle02-05-12d.jpg

K50XNickle02-05-12e.jpg

K50XNickle02-05-12f.jpg

This is PH. She is my 75% NZ, 25% SF doe. She has 4 kits on her still that will be weaned shortly. They are meat mutts from breeding her to a Giant Chinchilla. She is a fabulous doe. We are supposed to be picking up another 75% NZ, 25% SF doe this week that is out of her aunt. The new one will be white. We are HOPING she will be just as nice, big and maternal as PH is.

PH02-05-12.jpg

PHXPester02-05-12.jpg

And this is Trader, my younger champagne buck. I needed a photo of him for the website so he got in on the action this morning LOL

Trader02-05-12.jpg

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Why, WHY???? Why do YOU have all the precious snugly baby animals?????
I want some!!!!! Its so hard waiting for a doe to kid..... :/