Do goats always “look pregnant”

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes it is possible for the ligs to still be present even if you can get your hand around their tail. Give me a sec and I’ll try to find you a pic...

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I stole this pic from google :hide. I’ll try to get a pic on one of mine tonight.
D8824C19-E1A1-4EAB-9F91-20DD64ED083B.gif

Anyway, this is the form that I use to check mine. I learned easiest by finding the ligs on a doe that I knew wasn’t bred. Then I started checking my bred does 1-2 times a day and was able to track changes as they progressed.

You are right that you are feeling for a pencil-size in a doe that isn’t bred or is a long way from kidding. Each doe progresses differently from there.

I have a doe now that has ligs that come and go and she could deliver any day.

AFewGoatsForMe

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Still no babies. If I am feeling what are her ligaments they are still very much there. Rubbery and a bit mushy but still there.

What age are Nubian does able to be bred? We bought this doe as a mom/daughter pair. I’m wondering, since mom is pregnant what are the odds that daughter is pregnant too?? She was last years spring baby, so she just turned one. Is that too young for her to possibly be bred?

AFewGoatsForMe

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Cinnamon’s ligaments are pretty much non existent. So excited to see what babies we get from her. Got the heat lamp set up since we are due for freezing temps tonight.