Does she look pregnant?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There might be 2... one for each horn. All depending on where it attached... Hogs normally deliver one side and then the other side... and maybe she only had pigs in one side due to her young age... one ovary may not have been active... but if she is laying there and letting them nurse that is half the battle right off for a young gilt like that... sometimes they just don't "get it" when they are that young. 4 live and if she can raise them, that is better than all dead ....
Hoping for the best outcome for her.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
There might be 2... one for each horn. All depending on where it attached... Hogs normally deliver one side and then the other side... and maybe she only had pigs in one side due to her young age... one ovary may not have been active... but if she is laying there and letting them nurse that is half the battle right off for a young gilt like that... sometimes they just don't "get it" when they are that young. 4 live and if she can raise them, that is better than all dead ....
Hoping for the best outcome for her.
She’s definitely being a very good mom… she rolled over to let them nurse without the slightest hesitation…. probably helps that we like to give our pigs belly rubs, and she can roll over on command🤣

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Skilzzz
IMG_6558.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of my AGHs did that!! 😳😂👍

Excellent builders. Mine nosed out a small pit, then covered it. There's a lot of work right there -- collecting all those branches and such! 🥰Talented little rascals. :lol:. It was chilly when another farrowed and she'd cover the piglets with hay, uncover to feed, then cover back. Pigs are smart.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
One of my AGHs did that!! 😳😂👍

Excellent builders. Mine nosed out a small pit, then covered it. There's a lot of work right there -- collecting all those branches and such! 🥰Talented little rascals. :lol:. It was chilly when another farrowed and she'd cover the piglets with hay, uncover to feed, then cover back. Pigs are smart.
YES my one girl that farrowed earlier covered her pigs up, then uncovered to feed, then covered them back up

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lost two piglets overnight, the other two were borderline dead so I brought them inside (they were EXTREMELY cold) and bottle-fed some goat colostrum they are now stable and warm
IMG_6571.jpeg