Drstratton - My Backyard Journey Journal

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And you're going to EAT them? 😄
Just kidding, the ugly ones taste as good as the cute ones. Except I don't think they make them in ugly.
I think we are going to advertise and try to sell this litter! I only plan on eating them if I really have too, they are an emergency food supply. They are super cute and I don't think they make them ugly either! I need to try and breed Chloe again and see if she will have a litter and try to sell those too! Daphne is done for the year! I probably won't breed her again until next spring! I don't want to deal with baby bunnies during the winter months! Sadly whichever ones don't sell we will process!

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to post this earlier! I gave the babies some fresh alfalfa and they were chowing down, one decided to take advantage as Daphne was eating and latched on, she was allowing it until it decided to find a different spot and then a sibling decided to join in...Daphne says nope, not happening! :love

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those kits are just so, so, SO ADORABLE!! :love 😁 I'd be playing with them all. And the colors, spots and dots -- just too cute. No, could not butcher one. :hide Just like @farmerjan.

this is a place I can talk "to everyone" like my BFF type of things. Not having a significant other,
BYH is the place where I know I am with like minded people, people who truly "get" my passions because y'all are passionate about your gardens, animals, BIG dogs (LOL) and living the good life.

It's true....and why I love the coffee club. You just have to know if "everyone" is alive & kicking, over a cold, had the baby or new grandchild, recovered from an op, etc. Plus alll the garden and animal craziness. It's a nice place to "talk" and help and care and share.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Those kits are just so, so, SO ADORABLE!! :love 😁 I'd be playing with them all. And the colors, spots and dots -- just too cute. No, could not butcher one. :hide Just like @farmerjan.

It's true....and why I love the coffee club. You just have to know if "everyone" is alive & kicking, over a cold, had the baby or new grandchild, recovered from an op, etc. Plus alll the garden and animal craziness. It's a nice place to "talk" and help and care and share.
They are very cute! I handle them several times a day, but I'm trying to not get to attached! 💞

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am still in awe as to how fast they grow. I wish I could do the killing, as I would love to have some rex and have their pelts to use..... maybe I will find someone who can do them for me..... I had an opportunity to get 6 standard Rex rabbits last year at the poultry swap and passed them by because of the upcoming ankle replacement and because I didn't know what to do with them if I had babies and then couldn't kill them. They were nice rabbits and cheap... people wanted to sell out because they were moving and she was expecting on top of it.... Should've gotten them..... Oh well, maybe next year......

Does anyone raise their rabbits in "colonies"? My friend in CT years ago had a couple that stayed in the hay mow and she gave them water and feed plus they got all they wanted in hay.... made nests and raised a bunch of babies....just wondered how that worked....