Duck Chat withdrawal ....

Dan26552

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My pekins are usually very raspy by 10 weeks but I'm usually able to tell as early as 6. They usually get a drake feather at about 3 to 3 1/2 months.

Shawluvsbirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
In knew the drakes would get the raspy sound eventually, just didn't know when. The one that is quacking is the one that hardly ever makes noise so that threw me off. Plus it is a totally different color than the parents. I thought I had a grey call pair but DNL and ravyn pointed out a while back I have a blue fawn drake and a grey girl. So thinking the quacking one is gonna be a girl with the blue fawn color.

Shawluvsbirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
20161227_163119.jpg

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You do their nails? :ep
lol, i have too they are curving and going to start to dig in soon

Pedicure? what you trim their nails??
yes

Good thing ducks are made of kryptonite!!!!!!
do you mean kraptonit? lol

Hi duck peeps! :frow
I'm super excited to have joined the duck world today :D
One Muscovy and one Muscovy x... the smaller one. She said it hatched out of a Muscovy egg, but doesn't think it's pure. She did also have Welsh Harlequins. Anyhow, we're in loves one way or another. And they are going to love our marshy creek area when they are ready to go outside!View attachment 33935
Congrats! Super cute! remember if a muscovy and mallard derived have babies the babies will be sterile - Mule ducks (just like mule equine)

View attachment 34117 omg hubby built me a duck deck for mothers day! Lmao too cute!
Thats Great!!!!

Sad:( mine is defiantly not lazy except when it comes to house work. He barely knows how to use the remote he spends most his time outside doing stuff. Oh and he requires a lot off beer too. Lol
I have beer!!! lots of it :lol:

So back to the duck chat, can anyone tell me when ducklings will get their drake feather so we will know if we have boys or girls? I thought it would show up as soon as they feathered out but none have it yet. I was sure the yellow one was going to be boy cause he has a different sound. He been quackin for days while the other two still peep peep.
boys sound like they have smoked a few packs too many

Because we only have to wait four weeks, and the baby can be born while we sleep.
Versus forty weeks, and typically no chance of sleeping while the baby is born! :lol:
so true!!!

Miss Lydia

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Beautiful How many swimming holes does your ducks have? lol I saw the nice one DH made yesterday for mothers day and now look at this one. Drooling over here.

Last edited: