Duck Chat withdrawal ....

WVduckchick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello...Thanks for coming to say hello..:frow..How's all your Calls?.Anything hatching soon?

My only 2 laying ducks are mothering little ones, just 2-3 weeks old, so they aren't laying again yet. I have another couple of juvenile girls that haven't started laying yet. Not a single duck egg has been laid on my property for a couple of months now. :( But overall, they are doing well!

Glad to hear that the "snip" on Casanova worked out. :clap Good luck with your hatch!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My only 2 laying ducks are mothering little ones, just 2-3 weeks old, so they aren't laying again yet. I have another couple of juvenile girls that haven't started laying yet. Not a single duck egg has been laid on my property for a couple of months now. :( But overall, they are doing well!

Glad to hear that the "snip" on Casanova worked out. :clap Good luck with your hatch!
Thanks..I'm sure yours are all adorable little Ducklings too.
Yes, I'm happy Casanova works..:weee
I have Hens nesting and laying eggs. The one moved all her eggs into the same nest..They take turns sitting on them. Must be about 15 eggs I think?:barnie

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Maybe she needs her teeth done..?. I get my horses teeth done every few years..
Nope. Dr. Walden said her teeth look great, she is wearing them down evenly. Mostly she is in great health, she thanked me for keeping up with good hygiene practices, admitted that in her opinion she probably hasn't had good hoof care in a while and that my corrective trimming is right on track with what she would have recommended. We just need her to gain about 100-140 lbs to be at optimum weight, but at her current weight she is ok.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nope. Dr. Walden said her teeth look great, she is wearing them down evenly. Mostly she is in great health, she thanked me for keeping up with good hygiene practices, admitted that in her opinion she probably hasn't had good hoof care in a while and that my corrective trimming is right on track with what she would have recommended. We just need her to gain about 100-140 lbs to be at optimum weight, but at her current weight she is ok.
Horses teeth never stop growing so they all get sharp edges and cause cankers in the cheeks and cause pain when eating. So a Vet will file the edges down to help them eat normally..

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Hey this may not be BYC but we still LOVE pics! Especially adorable babies!!;):lol:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kupid might need his front teeth trimmed off?..Although he continues to hold good weight so far. Just something my Vet discussed on his last Vist doing teeth.
I got them done two springs ago..

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Horses teeth never stop growing so they all get sharp edges and cause cankers in the cheeks and cause pain when eating. So a Vet will file the edges down to help them eat normally..

I know, but she said Rose's looked great. Told me what to look out for until her next checkup. I'm just glad she had a good prognosis.