1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Let's start this week fun. Submit your Horse Humor - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Egg Thief - I got him this time!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by frustratedearthmother, May 5, 2019.

1. May 21, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

Doesn't surprise me a bit! It's a darn good thing they're not venomous!

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  2. May 21, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

The one you had was the color of the one I dispatched this morning at my DDs shed. Hey, 6:30AM & she's calling me to come get this snake! One's I've had here are the black(er) ones. They have a pattern, more seen when young but turn almost total black with age...slight pattern can be seen...if dead and stopped :D They do emit a very musky odor as being chopped.

Guess it lingers as the hens are totally upset. OR -- heaven forbid, there's a friend left behind...:rolleyes: Trust me, I LOOK!

3. May 21, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

It is kinda one of those "sceince things"....the gray rat snake is only gray and visiable pattern of grays, when they are young....everytime it sheds, the color and patterns change and continue changing thru its lifetime....when they get fully mature they are as FEM's pic....3-5' length is difficult to tell them from a racer....and most don't wish to look long enough to distinguish between the 2.....:)

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  4. May 24, 2019
    Skiesblue

Skiesblue Loving the herd life

Bad tempered huh? Dang I was thinking Craigslist. ;)

B&B Happy goats likes this.