Farewell Zoie

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
F5A0AF37-D537-456C-B8B5-746DD089EABC.jpeg
Such a good girl. Watched everything. Was swept away by lymphoma. This is her goodbye to her second in command.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, I'm SO sorry....dogs really are a man's best friend. Such a lovely pic.and a good way to remember her.

Was she old? (I had a dog who had lymphoma. She was a 14 year old Lab. who received chlorambucil, but didn't respond)

May her lovely canine soul rest in peace.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry. You get a lot of family history wrapped up in a dog. You look back over the years and they are always a part of you and your family. Yes, you had a good run with her, I am glad for her sake that she did not suffer a long illness.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think her ashes will be ready today. Normally we bury them under a tree in the pasture but with all the heavy rain it wasn’t possible. The other dogs are getting back to normal, guarding the sheep and chickens.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I remind myself how lucky we were to have her. She was by no means perfect. Some folks were shopping for their first sheep. My husband was explaining about LGDs and how devoted they were, that they would never harm the sheep. Up walks Zoie with a foreleg in her mouth. She drops it in front of me proudly. She had gotten into our ‘dead pen’ and apparently felt she needed to present us with a souvenir. We didn’t make that sale.

Latest posts