Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hot and muggy again..... 91 and climbing.

GUESS WHAT.... number 3 this morning in the trap. But the "fixed up panels along the bottom" prevented any from getting pulled out along the bottom.... they were intact. Called and told her that they would have the best trained D@#m coon dogs in the county..... son got a skunk at his place..... it is small enough to get in and get the bantams there that he lost....
Naturally, I will be setting it again. But at least there were no dead ones this morning; no dug out spots....

I will get every coon within a 10 mile radius if I have my way.... all 3 have been good sized... not like they are big adults and little ones... so they must have moved in since last year since I didn't have any problems with any type predator last year.
The guys are digging in the cable and all that will run alongside the drive for the electric that goes to the tower, so after they are all done with this stretch, I will put up the hog panels and start letting these out during the daytime for a few hours. That way I will not be in their (workers) way of coming and going in and out.

HOPING for some of the rain/showers/t-storms predicted come through this area. Had all that thunder and all last night and barely got a sprinkle again.

Spent time on the phone with the bank... got the questions answered about the difference in charges for the appraisal and all.... the bank is not allowed to hire an appraisal directly here, have to go through an "appraisal broker firm" .... so they are charging 50% of the actual appraisal fee ABOVE AND BEYOND THE ACTUAL FEE for their "handling charges... DAMn highway robbery BS. Also explained about the ins % on the premiums, and the 6 months prepay and all.... I am not thrilled, but they did answer my questions and that I appreciate.
Had to call my bank to okay them to send a 2 month's worth of statements, and to prove that the downpayment/closing fees are there. And I am going to open an account in this bank so that the money can be just transferred..... because the lawyer will not accept a CERTIFIED check... or a BANK CHECK to be deposited into their account for the closing money.... if my bank has to wire it, it is another $40 for the wire transfer fee.... MORE BS. So I told Bridget that I will open an account with them so that I can put the money in their bank so that it can get transferred for no extra fee for the closing. Have to allow 3 days for transfer from one bank to another .... another bunch of BS.
There is still a snag with the title company, since the house property has been surveyed off the larger parcel.... and the courthouse still hasn't sent the proof that the judgement was satisfied nearly 20 years ago.... although they aren't overly concerned about that since I have told them that the feed company will gladly write a letter...Which is not legally binding but thegirls at the bank understand what I am getting at..... and the feed company is going to provide me with a copy as soon as they get one also, from the courthouse.
SO much STUPID BS..... with no one working in the gov't offices like normal, where you could go in and they would have to do it right there in front of you and you could walk out with it in hand.

So I went online, which is working for now but since it is getting cloudy, who knows how long.... and sent her copies of my paystubs so they can see that it is all legit.... and the my bank was going to send proof of the current state of my cking account as well as copies of the last 2 months statements....since the deposit wasn't until about 15th of july with the money from the retirement for the downpayment....

Whatever happened to just taking the money and showing up and paying it right there and signing papers and getting it done?????

They will have a heart attack if I decide to retire after I have the knees done..... of course, if I am making my payments and all, they have no reason to question my work status at that point.....
One of the reasons I wouldn't "retire" .....wanted to have this a done deal....

So, Most likely I am told now it will be next week. Talked to the Ins lady today and she said that she has to get my signature on the papers with an actual closing date, as that affects the actual coverage date, and all that....

Told Bridget that I had already bought the paint for the ceilings in the house and that I really wanted to get this going as I want to get started and she said just be patient a little longer, it WILL HAPPEN.....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just ran out and closed the truck windows, it was thundering and started to rain.... didn't last but a few minutes.... I covered the 2 mowers as he had actually come down here to do some work but was gone after I got back from the cow and chickens and going to check up where the cows were out yesterday. I got wet, not soaked, and now it looks like it is passing..... I stood out there and said, please just rain for the rest of the day..... no such luck yet.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah they get you coming an going. And a 3 day hold on a bank to bank wire transfer with funds that have been available for plenty of time is really stupid.

Sounds like you've got the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" raccoon experience going there! I hope you finally get them all and they don't follow you to your new house.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The "jumping thru hoops" will certainly exhaust ya and ya can bet your "sweet bippie" that they will take every crumb of your "pie" as they can...I just had to bite my tongue, because we just wanted in the house....tho, I don't have teeth to bite my tongue, but I was sure gumming it to death....:lol::gig

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I believe buying a house is 90% BS. I will not bog you down with sob stories, but I will say it is just general suckery and fees now. You won't stop doing this :he for several days after it's over. Definitely go out for dinner or do something to celebrate (if you can find the heart) to reward yourself for surviving.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Buying our place was a horrible experience. It was a HUD repo. Dealing with the Gooberment is no fun on any level, buying a home was a dismal experience. Finance was awful, dealing with a lady in New Jersey and one in California, the time difference was frustrating. We had to file for 3 extensions, HUD only gives you so many days to get the financing done, then they take it away from you and put it back up for bid. BUT for the paltry sum of $300 plus the overnight fee of $25, we could buy 15 more days. You only get 3 extensions, we closed on the last day of the last extension. AND I got an email telling me the amount of the cashiers check to bring to closing, i went and got it. THEN I got ANOTHER email for a higher amount. I went to the bank for another cashiers check for the difference. Would you believe I got ANOTHER email for yet a higher amount? By this time I was pissed enough to chew an iron bar and spit out nails. I sent a response that I was going to bring a bucket of pennies. But i went back to the bank a 3rd time and got a 3rd cashiers check.
There were many things that went wrong and caused no end of stress, anger and I just wanted to quit. It was beyond horrible. Thieves broke in, stealing wire, the AC unit inside and outside, the breaker box and all connecting wires. HUD and the finance company would give us 30 days to get all repairs done and they wanted a bid from a contractor. HUD generously allowed us $1,000 off the purchase price. I was livid with rage and wrote a nasty letter than my husband wouldn't let me send, so I toned it down a little and pointed out that repairs were going to be $10,000. the response i got was firm on $1,000. Then the bid was too high and would require a whole new application, more time (which we were out of) so I had to convince the contractor to write out an much lower bid, promising him that we would pay him the true amount. One of the worst experiences of my life.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
They say we will get rain here Friday. I can hardly wait!! Before daybreak, then mid day mostly all afternoon. Every blade of grass here will be happy. I don't know if it can save the corn around me. It's brown about 2/3 way up. SAD looking. My pastures will break bad if we get a few hours of good steady rain. Sure can't hurt the temps!

Looked like rain just before dark...again the clouds waved as they passed over. No rain. Not a drop. :(

AHA -- seems you have a whole colony of coon. I saw what I believe to have been a weasel just a few miles away today. Strange. Yesterday I saw a "resident" skunk on the property and thought it was one of my cats, at first. That rascal was 85% white. It wandered on off as I had the hose in my hand watering the garden and gave it a little shower.;)

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol well atleast it didn't return the favor lol.dh came home one night and him and stella were after one. Surprisingly enough neither got sprayed. We have come for eggs, I don't know which i prefer snakes or skunks. Thankfully so far the coons and foxes stay out back. However the coyote hybreds and the dang released dogs come up here.

Latest posts