Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too bad that he is being such a jerk to you. Them going on a nice holiday, inviting her mother, not you and keeping it a big secret is just another slap in the face. I know you wouldn't have gone, but it is still disrespectful.
Oh, yeah, he brought me back a key chain in leather with my name on it and a loaf of homemade bread, and a nice long sleeved T-shirt for my birthday... so the thought was nice... But he made the comment that he didn't know her mom was going (which I can believe as GF does what she wants and how she wants) because her mom had never been to Pigeon Forge... but he knew I had been there once... with my friend from CT.....
So that equals it out????:hu:idunno:th:duc:duc

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thursday morning. Yesterday I spent 3-4 hours tedding out the hay that DS finished cutting at Deb's, and the several 2-3 acre pieces down the road, plus did 2 rounds around the orchard grass field at his barn to get a start on the drying out along the tree lines and where it doesn't get as much sun with the seasons going into fall.
DS picked me up at the field at his barn (orchard grass field) on his way back with 4 more big blocks for the concrete pad/silage pit. I waited for him to unload them and then he took me back to deb's where the car was. It was decided I would go up tomorrow (today now) and tedd out the rest of the field at his barn, then go to deb's and see about raking the hay there.
So this morning we got a little light shower and it is wet out there. Not soaking, but wet on top. Radar is showing it will pass over... it was dark and all clouds, now I am seeing some sun coming through. Won't go do anything before noon. I will have everything in the car as I have to go test late this afternoon at the "new farm" I took over a couple months ago. They are going to test pretty much every month.... Will have to get someone to take me from the tractor at Deb's or if I get to the next place, to my car to go to work.

Well, the sun is trying to come out now...

When this front goes through the temps are supposed to drop 20+ degrees. Night time is supposed to be in the 40's Friday night.
Fall is coming..... FAST...

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Make sure to have loose stuff to wear after your surgery since your leg will be swollen and your jeans won't fit. I had family here so I wore loose lounging PJs for a week in bed doing my exercises. My surgery knee is still much more swollen than the other one so I have to wear loose pants. Otherwise the swollen knee feels constricted. If you have shorts, wear them in the house until the swelling goes down. If you have to go out to the sheep hopefully you can just put on your boots. Make sure you use sunscreen on your scar for at least a year. :hugs

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Home at 11:45 p.m. testing went fine... they didn't start milking til 6:30....
Didn't tedd any hay... got the little light sprinkles, then some sun then clouds again. I put the can of fuel in the tractor but I texted DS and said that with it so breezy I thought it would probably not need to be tedded, and that I would go and rake tomorrow... It got real sunny and quite a breeze was blowing when I went to work.
CHILLY this evening.... gotta put a light weight sweat shirt in the car.... this short sleeved shirt does not cut it in the cooler temps !!!! Low 50's when I left up there.
Going in to get a nice hot shower... and hit the sack.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Make sure to have loose stuff to wear after your surgery since your leg will be swollen and your jeans won't fit. I had family here so I wore loose lounging PJs for a week in bed doing my exercises. My surgery knee is still much more swollen than the other one so I have to wear loose pants. Otherwise the swollen knee feels constricted. If you have shorts, wear them in the house until the swelling goes down. If you have to go out to the sheep hopefully you can just put on your boots. Make sure you use sunscreen on your scar for at least a year. :hugs
My style is tight jeans. LOL So I’ve bought 6 pair of sweat pants, 2 pair of loose “soft pants” and even bought a couple pair of loose gauzy nice go-to-town pants with nice shirts to match. Those overalls we bought at the farm Co-op in Tennessee are loose too. Goodbye blue jeans, hello alternative clothing.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was back in my jeans within a month.... had one pair that was a bit looser and as soon as the bandages came off the knees and after I found that "Burt's Bees Calming Serum" that killed the pain and redness and irritation and all in the first application... as long as I kept using it for about 3-4 days.. THAT stuff was a MIRACLE for me.... I was back into my jeans. The overalls will be fine. After the bandages come off and whatever way they close it, staples, butterflies, stitches, "zip tie things", you can do whatever as long as it doesn't irritate it.

Whatever are you doing posting at 3:45 in the morning????

Latest posts