Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can't believe that it is colder in Texas than here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains.....:ep It is dropping tonight though.

Son is talking about needing to sell a few head next week. Got a few that were planned to go when grass got short, and with the cold now, it won't be growing anymore. There are 4 old cows and their calves that need to go, especially when they are in good flesh from the warmer weather and good grazing where they were; and a few other odd steers that he didn't sell before. Maybe a couple of heifers. I can hold out on mine for awhile, and really don't have many to sell until we get the big group of spring born steer calves in off pasture the end of this month or whenever the grass gets short. They will be eating it down faster now that it is colder. I think I have 4 or 5 steers in that pasture.

Don't have to haul water anymore so will take the tank off the truck.
Looked at the thermostat and it is going to be a PITA for the little 2wd ranger. Plus he thinks there might be something else causing it to not put the hot water through the heater core....:th:barnie:barnie

I really hate using this current version with the emoji box in the middle of the text and not on the bottom. Might just give it up.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just another chapter....

Have been back to the chiropractor and another adjustment. Still feel fine and no more problems. I really do believe that he is right about the pinched nerve from the misalignment.

It better be that because we have another bigger problem to deal with. My son fell off the back of the truck, it has the flat bed with the arms , a "bale bed" to move the round bales with. Wound up in the ER last night and has broken the "ball" part of the hip joint. Surgery later today. They are planning to try to realign it and put in a couple of screws or something. Don't want to replace it, do a partial hip replacement, if they can get it to heal back. He is 46 , but pretty active and "fit" so hope it will heal back. Still looking at 6-8 weeks by the sounds of it.....

But this has just thrown a whole curve ball into getting things done that need to be done. He had finished sq baling the hay at the field, but had only gotten part of the other field replanted with the wheat when he quit yesterday evening. Had another field he was going to cut so that is the end of hay making for this year. He has been putting things off alot lately with all this dating, and now things are really screwed. Don't have all the details as his girlfriend texted me from the hospital last night. Have been in contact with him this morning, going up to do his chickens now then to the hospital.

He has put me off 3 different times to get the calves weaned off the one group of cows, so I will get a friend who used to help us some, and it will get done as soon as I can get them in. Don't know about selling any right now.

Plus the plans were to do the engine in my CAR ( not truck as I originally wrote) Friday (tomorrow) so who knows now. The guy has been dragging his feet about it, Michael has been trying to get him to do it the last couple of weeks. Was going to take off work tomorrow to get it done, and now this. I don't even want to think about it as I really needed my car back.

At least got heat in the truck. He did flush out the heater core on Monday. It was completely stopped up. Thought that it might have a leak as it got all foggy inside the first time I used it but he said he might have gotten some fluid down in the heater box and that could have been it. I will watch the levels and see. If no more problems, then that was probably it and not a little leak in the heater core inside the truck.

Off to go do the chickens and head to the hospital. I have a headache already.....

Last edited:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your episode sounds like a migraine I once had as a teen, except mine affected the whole right side of my body like a stroke. Got in the noisy MRI machine just in time for the aura and exquisite pain to start. $$$ and pain, yay. My treatment was to not be so sleep deprived and stop getting up at 5 after a 10 or 11 bedtime for months to years at a time. It's been over a decade and I havent had one that bad since. As long as I listen to my body and SLEEP I rarely have any migraine crop up at all. Good luck with everything that's going on right now. I hope they don't try to medicate you into Oblivion.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh no! That is a terrible thing to happen, just when you have so much to do to wind down the season. I hope you get some help to finish up. I really hope your son heals fast without any problems.

In the girlfriend part, maybe he finally met “that one” that will be his life partner. Here’s hoping!

Then we got to get my son fixed up....

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Holy cow, Miss @farmerjan! It seems to be one thing after another for you and your son. Just when things were starting to look up, then this happens. I so much wish there were something I/we could do to help you. :hugs