Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have TV but, not watching. Beautiful outside and I hope to unroll and stretch this fence today. Wooden posts all in, fence there, just unroll, lift, stretch and nail....sounds sooo simple :lol: then cut, move to other section, same deal, shorter run. Hopeful. About 175' total. Took old down a while back...new roll has been waiting for me.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's my idea of a good day... out in nice weather.... and it is so much better with someone to do it with... even if only to take a break and laugh at the latest dumb move.... wish I felt up to it, I would take a ride down...

Sun is out and it is warmer on the deck. We are getting a little bit of a breeze though. Oh well, enjoy it while we can.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice enough morning. Warmer than yesterday to start, only got down to 45 last night. Sun mixed with clouds, there were some light sprinkles passing through earlier today but most never hit the ground here. Breezier than yesterday so feels cooler.

Still feeling pretty BLAH.... there is so much I wanted to do this week when the weather warmed up... but just no energy to do it.

DS's GF brought me a plate when she was headed to take her daughter to the ex's for Thanksgiving supper. DS was at barn to patch a tire on the one truck. He had the rear end go out of the other truck when he got up to the barn to put the hay wagon in on Wed eve.... he's not happy, but the truck has a lot of miles on it, these things happen... will have to find parts and see about getting it fixed.

Watched several movies yesterday afternoon and evening. Got this big ole TV flat screen from my parents house and the dvd player hooked up, since I do not have "TV" hooked in. I think that there are ways to get TV without paying a fortune for it but I am just not that inspired to do it. Would be nice sometimes though. Oh well.

Chickens let out and there are people coming to the Christmas tree lot next door... they will only be open 2 or maybe 3 weekends. Last year they cut back and closed the lot early as they had sold out of all the trees they felt they could and still have some to grow more for this year. They told me they have trouble getting enough seedlings year to year to replant.....pretty good "commercial neighbors" to have.... they mow the rows between the trees regularly and work over there some during the daytime hours a few weeks of the year.... then open for the public maybe 3 weekends to choose and cut the trees????!!!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't have a "pay" service for TV....just a cheap antenna. Service is limited as to channels but, gets all I want. One on your roof would probably do fine.

Local news, weather and a few programs I watch on occasion. Consider it.

Got 1.5" of rain here this morn. Warm out, overcast all day. Too wet to work more fence. Maybe tomorrow afternoon. More rain Sun, mid day. 😒 Don't need.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses , yep, I have considered the antenna route a couple times... a possibility maybe for next winter...

It's 2 a.m. and past time for bed.... just catching up on some posts. Been watching Yellowstone since I have never seen half the show.... got the discs so want to get up to speed. Good time to do it.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses , yep, I have considered the antenna route a couple times... a possibility maybe for next winter...

It's 2 a.m. and past time for bed.... just catching up on some posts. Been watching Yellowstone since I have never seen half the show.... got the discs so want to get up to speed. Good time to do it.
Love that show. For the other side of that coin there is Heartland. 😊

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@SageHill ; Have seen the Heartland series advertised on Ebay.... considering it as a present to myself....
Have a dvd called Legacy.... 2 seasons and it was cancelled.... set back in colonial times, (no, maybe the civil war ?) and it is a shame they didn't continue it because the plot with the "evil stepmother" was just getting good.

Sunny out and got down to 36 last night. Nice enough now, light breeze but it is supposed to start clouding up later on; mid 50's now. Calling on rain for tomorrow starting before daylight. Going to be a good day to stay in I think.

Must be getting closer to getting over this as nose is running and the coughing is terrible with the drip down my throat. GRRRR:barnie:th:he. Oh well....

Designated a box to put in some of the little things I have picked up for Christmas presents... so they don't get put away and then "lost"....

Got to make a few phone calls to get 3 herds figured out. Then we will be into Dec and there are a bunch that will need doing and I hope to push most early to get done.

Time to get doing something constructive.

Latest posts