Farmerjan's journal - Weather

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey -
Listened to the Mike Rowe podcast this week - "Can You Handle The Truth" with Vivek Ramaswamy -- EXCELLENT.
I like that guy - does he stand a chance - I dunno, but he's got it right IMO. Check it out. He could definitely put US back on track.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When countries no longer use the petro dollar to buy oil, those trillions of dollars will be sent back home. An oversupply of dollars will make us look like Germany after World War One.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not optimistic about our future. Russia, China and India has recently agreed to use the Chinese Yuan as their currency of choice also.
Maybe this was what I caught the very last little bit of... I look for a really REALLY bad future...I am getting my financial house in order as fast as I can now.... and am going to have as much stockpiled that I cannot grow and get more money into silver since I cannot even begin to buy gold..... I am going to try to scour the programs to see if there is more "word" on this agreement on the countries going to a different standard. Any one hears anything, please share the source. I am not the best on the internet so it is a chore for me to try to find some of this stuff.
@SageHill I heard some by that Ramsawamy on one of the radio shows... man is smart... I don't think he has a chance due to the political insanity in this country..

And now with the totally BS of charging/indicting the former President... it is going to get so nuts that the economy and all will get swept aside and no one will be paying attention as the foundation of this country gets destroyed and our economy disintegrates.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
@SageHill I heard some by that Ramsawamy on one of the radio shows... man is smart... I don't think he has a chance due to the political insanity in this country..
Yeah - I feel the same way. He's got it right - but not being part of one of the parties / Good Ol' Boys he probably doesn't stand a chance. I'd not heard of him until the podcast. If he made the ticket I'd vote for him (God only knows if the vote would be counted). While I'd vote for another term for T, sadly I don't think he stands a chance.
The freaking kangaroo court is a joke. Ohhhhh don't get me started on that one. It's a goose, gander, fox scenario.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Noon time and just came in with the clothes off the line. Didn't get them last night, but not calling for rain until later today (Fri aft) so I was okay. Wind is really blowing and they are so soft... NICE. The sun was peeking out for a minute but they said it would until the rest of the clouds move in and we get some serious storms. Wind gusts between this aft and tomorrow are supposed to hit 50-60 mph hour and saying that there might be some trees down and power outages... have a wind warning... step up from the usual wind advisory.... got to fix the tarp that I use to cover my shipping boxes for work so if the wind blows and it is raining, they won't get soaked on the porch.

Going to head to town, and do some grocery shopping after I get the meters out of the car. Don't need alot but a few things. Going to go by the co-op and get the onion plants too. Got plenty of potatoes to plant so not going to worry about any except maybe some red ones since I don't have any of them. Just for the different color. Had ordered a few other varieties and they should be coming soon... requested after April 1st.... some fingerlings and a few different varieties to try... will mark them and if I like them, will keep some for seed potatoes for next year. I like to try different varieties...

Been looking at a list I have been making of things I want done here... added cutting up and cleaning up the old apple tree that came down in the last ice storm.... It had come half down a year ago... now it is done.

Ordered the 1/2 greenhouse to put on the deck against the house... couldn't pass it up with another discount I had on the ebay cc.... still looking at the pros and cons of the replacement cover and getting a new one for actually less than the replacement cover...

Hoping the weather doesn't affect us too much taking the cattle tomorrow... really want them gone with this economy unrest that I think too many are not taking seriously enough... There was talk on Glen Beck this morning all about India talking about not using the dollar as payment for oil in the future... Need to find more on the news about this stuff... I am VERY CONCERNED about the repercussions down the road...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had sun here -- coastal VA -- this morning, nice breeze. Hung clothes, even a load of various jackets. Dried well, then holy cow, the wind gusts came!! Rushed to get clothes in before they were miles away! 😵‍💫

Made it a poor choice to do outside work...but, got things handled this morn and I'm ok with that. Feeding chores tonight may be dicey.🤔

Read some articles on the Tyson plant closing in Glen Allen. That's a sad and hard situation there! Financial ruin for many of those farmers who are growers! Workers will re-job, use unemployment until, etc. Farmers and loans 😖🥴🤷👎

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
still looking at the pros and cons of the replacement cover and getting a new one for actually less than the replacement cover...
Go ahead and get the entire new greenhouse for that price. By spending the same thing for a full greenhouse set up, you will now have 2 and can always order a replacement cover later.