First time Momma

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She looks miserable when trying to lay down. She's getting much better with the attention, hated it in the beginning. Now she will stay much calmer when I'm in the pen. Actually let me touch her belly without being held (not for very long though).

I checked on her last night before I went to bed, then 3am, 5am, :caf:caf I'm dragging at work today. I will say when she is laying down you can visually see "movement" in her belly. And I believe a rule of thumb (though for does, they have their own rules) is if there is movement you might be ok for the night? :hu I also when feeling her yesterday was able to feel low on what would have been her left side (my right if looking head on at her) and feel movement very low on her abdomen. Having been pregnant before myself I kind of have an idea what to feel for. Assuming it's similar. I could push gently and feel what is probably elbows or some bony structure in there. Which happened to kick back at me with pushed on lol

When she stands from laying down for a couple hours she limps...I wonder if this could be due to the weight on the one back leg with the way she is laying in the picture. :hu:hu

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 99

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her rumen is on her left side and most of the time the movement you see on that side is her rumen and not a baby. The baby is on the right. Not sure about what you feel though, no experience with that.

The limp is probably a pinched nerve or as you suspect, the way she lays down.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Her rumen is on her left side and most of the time the movement you see on that side is her rumen and not a baby. The baby is on the right. Not sure about what you feel though, no experience with that.

The limp is probably a pinched nerve or as you suspect, the way she lays down.

So if she is having twins they are both on the right? Sorry, I don't know goat anatomy like that. I will now though. The movement I "saw" was on her right side while laying down, so that might have been baby. But...what I felt while she was standing was on her lover belly...oh lord, who knows. :th I"m just ready for her to have them.

If you see the last pic I posted, that was the position she was in when I saw what I believe was baby movement. Which would be her right side right? (slowly losing my mind :barnie)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, that would be her right side and when laying down like that you would probably see them as the are kinda pushed up and out, no where else to go. She is making you lose your mind, an old goat trick. :)

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:barnie I will never under estimate the doe code after this. What a learning experience for myself and my doe, both first timers with this. I actually went back to when I first posted that the ultra sound confirmed my preggers doe. It was 8 WEEKS AGO! :thNow I know it all depends on the doe on when they "start to show"? 2 months? 3 months?..but tell me I don't have another freaking month to go?! I think you may have to put me in the loony bin :lol: if that is the case.

:fl:pop

Latest posts