Fishy’s Rabbitry 😊

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you are liking the word rabbitry but are thinking about branching out later, you could always add "and farm" or "and ranch" to it later, that way if anyone is searching for Blank Rabbitry they will still get it in the search results, but then the name change will tip those people off that you have other things as well.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mom looks pretty tired. I’m thinking of taking a 24x24 inch cage and cutting matching holes in it and in her cage, kind of like an extension.

She was taking a nap earlier (🥰) and one of the little ones was chewing its food and dozing off while leaning up against her 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My friend brought her granddaughter over to see the babies. Zelda was so good! I had her sniff them and they gave her spinach, maybe that helped 😍.
Ive had zero interest in my CL ads for them. That worries me. Maybe the 4Hers are waiting?

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My San Juan doe had two(?) kits last night. Both did not survive. I would love to know the reason, but of course I can speculate until Im blue in the face with no clear answer. I will rebreed her tomorrow. Poor thing ☹️

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think we freaked out mom today 🤣. I put up another cage to hers and we cut openings for the babies to go between the two cages, but mom doesnt fit. This is to give them some more room. I put each one in there to show them and she kept trying to go through the opening herself. All of them hopped back onto her side before we went back inside. They also had their first strawberry today 🥰. Too cute!
My buck has a weepy eye. I guess its a trip to TSC for eye ointment. I havent seen symptoms in the nursery thankfully :fl

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We had a small farm on a hillside when we started, so we were and still are 'Hillside Farm'. I was surprised at how many other Hillside Farms showed up online, so it extended to 'Hillside Farm Hawaii'. Our first website was a Google Site, which is free, although a very limited storage space and if many pictures are loaded, it fills up fast. We used PhotoBucket as a picture storage site with links to the pictures on the Google Site and things went on well for several years. Then PhotoBucket finally noticed that everyone was just using their site as storage instead of ordering prints of their pictures like the site had hoped. So, they then made links to outside websites not work and all the pictures on my Google Site disappeared. For a mere $400 per year, PhotoBucket would let me link to an outside site.

Google Sites also doesn't let you sell stuff from their sites, so between that and the pictures disappearing, I got a direct domain of my own 'http://HillsideFarmHawaii.com' and it's hosted on HostGator. You buy your site name from a domain name site such as 'NameCheap' or some such. That's a one shot thing and not all that expensive. Then you need a site to host your webpage, such as HostGator or there's others as well. That gives you your site name and a place to put it, now you have to build your site.

A lot of folks use WordPress to build their sites and HostGator integrates with that. I didn't like how rigid it was so my site is directly coded in HTML and CSS. That's Hyper Text Markup Language and Cascading Style Sheets. They're not that hard to learn and you can learn them online for free.

We aren't a 'farm' anymore. That had been leased farmland and when we moved to town we gave up farming and just kept the rabbits. They were the only profitable part of our farming anyway since feral pigs kept eating up everything we tried to grow and fencing them out was too expensive. Pigs are tasty, but we can't legally sell pork. We ate well, but didn't make any money on farming. It was fun to play with the backhoe, though, I miss the backhoe.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We had a small farm on a hillside when we started, so we were and still are 'Hillside Farm'. I was surprised at how many other Hillside Farms showed up online, so it extended to 'Hillside Farm Hawaii'. Our first website was a Google Site, which is free, although a very limited storage space and if many pictures are loaded, it fills up fast. We used PhotoBucket as a picture storage site with links to the pictures on the Google Site and things went on well for several years. Then PhotoBucket finally noticed that everyone was just using their site as storage instead of ordering prints of their pictures like the site had hoped. So, they then made links to outside websites not work and all the pictures on my Google Site disappeared. For a mere $400 per year, PhotoBucket would let me link to an outside site.

Google Sites also doesn't let you sell stuff from their sites, so between that and the pictures disappearing, I got a direct domain of my own 'http://HillsideFarmHawaii.com' and it's hosted on HostGator. You buy your site name from a domain name site such as 'NameCheap' or some such. That's a one shot thing and not all that expensive. Then you need a site to host your webpage, such as HostGator or there's others as well. That gives you your site name and a place to put it, now you have to build your site.

A lot of folks use WordPress to build their sites and HostGator integrates with that. I didn't like how rigid it was so my site is directly coded in HTML and CSS. That's Hyper Text Markup Language and Cascading Style Sheets. They're not that hard to learn and you can learn them online for free.

We aren't a 'farm' anymore. That had been leased farmland and when we moved to town we gave up farming and just kept the rabbits. They were the only profitable part of our farming anyway since feral pigs kept eating up everything we tried to grow and fencing them out was too expensive. Pigs are tasty, but we can't legally sell pork. We ate well, but didn't make any money on farming. It was fun to play with the backhoe, though, I miss the backhoe.
To expand on this a bit, I found this website which teaches how to code in a pretty practical way. If you ever get stuck there is a video you can watch where they walk you through step by step. https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/